Find out what’s up this July 4 weekend. Find more events in our newsletter.
It’s going to be a busy weekend:
– Check our Fourth of July event and fireworks listings.
– The 150th commemoration of the Battle of Gettysburg continues. Check out events and stories.
– July 5 is First Friday in downtown York and see what’s up at Sovereign Bank Stadium this weekend.
– British boy band One Direction takes over Hersheypark Stadium, 100 W. Hersheypark Dr., Hershey, 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday. [Both shows are sold out; Fans can enjoy the new Concert Courtyard before the shows]
– Hear the Simon & Garfunkel Retrospective 8 p.m. Saturday at The Eichelberger Performing Arts Center, 195 Stock St., Hanover. [$22]
– Soak in two days of live music 2 to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Moon Dancer Vineyards and Winery, 1282 Klines Run Road, Lower Windsor Township. The Reds, Whites and Blues Festival will feature several bands, food and wine. [$20 for both days, which includes a complimentary wine glass; discounts for Pennsylvania Blues Society Members and kids]
– The Rodgers & Hammerstein musical “South Pacific” hits the stage Friday at Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre, 510 Centerville Road, Lancaster. Performances are Tuesday through Saturday evenings with selected matinees and Sunday twilight shows through Aug. 17. [$49 to $55 for dinner and the show; limited show only seats are $32; discounts for students, kids and groups]
– Enjoy a summer night at the New Freedom Lions Club Carnival, which runs 6 p.m. each night through Saturday at the playground along Main Street in New Freedom. Enjoy entertainment, food, games, rides and more. [Free]
– Crawl or slither over to Reptile Week, which runs through Sunday at Richard M. Nixon County Park in Springfield Township. Events include a feeding program 1 p.m. Friday and daily StoryWalks. [Most events are free or $2]
– Explore along the shores of Lake Clarke 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday during a Lakeshore Paddle Tour at Shank’s Mare, 2092 Long Level Road, Lower Windsor Township. The tour is designed for all-ages and will try to spot local wildlife. [$21 for members; $24 for non-members; discounts for kids; rental kayaks are an additional cost; call 717-252-1616 for reservations]