Find out what’s up this weekend. Find more events in our newsletter.
Festivals and fairs:
– Check out New Freedom Fest 10 a.m. Saturday at Front Street and Railroad Avenue in New Freedom. The event will feature live music, food and more. [Free]
– Catch about 20 acts during the Roosterpalooza 4 music festival at Elicker’s Grove, 511 Roths Church Road, Jackson Township. It runs 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and will also feature craft and food vendors, games and more. [$10 for adults; free for those 17 and younger]
– Celebrate the beginning of fall during the Mother Earth Harvest Moon Fair 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at Spoutwood Farm, 4255 Pierceville Road, Codorus Township. Enjoy music, workshops and more. [$5 for adults, free for children 12 and younger; parking is $3]
– Hear blues guitarist Ana Popovic 7:30 p.m. tonight in the Sunoco Performance Theater at the Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, 222 Market St., Harrisburg. [$18.50 and $24.50]
– Go under the sea to see “Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr.” at York Little Theatre, 27 S. Belmont Ave., Spring Garden Township. It plays 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday. The show continues next weekend. [$17 for adults and seniors; $12 for students]
– Peek into the recording session that brought together Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins during “Million Dollar Quartet” 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday at Penn State York’s Pullo Family Performing Arts Center, 1031 Edgecomb Ave., Spring Garden Township. [$45, $52 and $69]
– Head to the Human Be-In noon to 6:30 p.m. Sunday at Kiwanis Lake, North Newberry Street and Parkway Boulevard, York. Bands include Noahzarke & Co., One Hand Clap, Free Breakfast, Los Playboys Que Juegan, Extremity and Voices in the Hall. [Free]
Sales and swaps:
– Need costumes for the kids? Stop by the Halloween & Dance Costumes Sale 6 to 8 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at DreamWrights Youth and Family Theatre, 100 Carlisle Ave., York. [Most items are $5 or less]
– Rifle through the Punk Rock Flea Market 2 p.m. Saturday at The Shop at New Grounds Roasting Co., 284 W. Market St., York. Bring video games, board games, tapes, CDs, DVDs and vinyl. [$5]
Wine and beer:
– Clink you stein during Oktoberfest Saturday at Mudhook Brewing Co., 34 N. Cherry Lane, York.
– Escape into woods to sip wine, listen to music and indulge in barbecue during the Wine in the Woods event 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at Basilica Picnic Woods, 3113 Centennial Road, Hanover. [$12 in advance; $15 day of event]
– Gunpowder Falls Brewing hosts a Beer Dinner 4 p.m. Sunday at Tailgaters Grille ad Drafthouse, 204 St. Charles Way, York Township. Check out a menu. [$20; seating is limited]
– Bloom Art Market is back 5 to 9 p.m. Friday in downtown York. Click here for a map.
– Attend The Art of Tea Blending 3 p.m. Saturday at YorKitchen in Central Market, 34 W. Philadelphia St., York. The class will include hands-on tea blending, tea steeping and sampling of blends. [$35]
– Learn about prehistoric creatures 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and noon to 4 p.m. Sunday during Dinosaur Weekend at Richard M. Nixon County Park in Springfield Township. [$2 per person; free for those younger than 5]