Find out what’s up this weekend. Find more events in our newsletter.
– Enjoy Roburrito’s at Holy Hound Taproom, 57 W. Market St., York, tonight and Jan. 23. The bar opens at 4, and you can get your tacos beginning at 7 p.m.
– Warm up with live music, wine and chili 6 to 8 p.m. tonight at The Vineyard at Grandview, 1489 Grandview Road, Mount Joy. Don’t miss the first ever chili cookoff, which runs Thursdays through January. [$15, which includes a glass wine and chili]
– New Hope students will present Night of the Arts 7 tonight at the Strand Capitol Performing Arts Center, 50 N. George St., York. [$3]
– From “Annie” to “Phantom” to “Wicked,” don’t miss silly spoofs of the songs you know by heart 7:30 p.m. Friday as “The Best of Forbidden Broadway” comes to the Majestic Theater, 25 Carlisle St., Gettysburg. [$39, $42 and $45]
– The Honey Dewdrops meld Americana styles 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Fort Hunter Centennial Barn, 5300 N. Front St., Harrisburg,. [$10 to $18; free potluck starts at 6 p.m.]
– Be on your way to see Rusted Root 7 p.m. Sunday at The Chameleon Club, 223 N. Water St., Lancaster. [$18, $20]
– More concerts: Alex Smith, G Calvin Weston and Mike Sallemi play Beer Mongers Saturday; Gun Metal Gray rocks Fat Daddy’s; Read our January concert roundup
Art, stories, stage:
– Bluebrick Gallery artists display work at the Adams County Arts Council’s Arts Education Center, 125 S. Washington St., Gettysburg. It is open until Feb. 24.
– Visit with your favorite Sesame Street friends 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Friday, 10:30 a.m., 2 and 5:30 p.m. Saturday and 1 and 4:30 p.m. Sunday at Hershey Theatre, 15 E. Caracas Ave., Hershey. Sesame Street Live “Elmo Makes Music” features nearly two dozen songs. [Select seats are $9 and $15 on Friday; all seats are $19, $23, $30 and $65 Saturday and Sunday]
– Learn about American Indian culture 10:30 a.m. Saturday at The York County Heritage Trust’s Historical Society Museum, 250 E. Market St., York. Ken Iron Fist and Evelyn Firewalker will tell four traditional stories. [Free]
– Stay in the holiday spirit at the Glen Rock Festival of English Village Carols. Join folks from Sheffield, England, who will participate in the all-day music event at Zion Lutheran Church, 49 Hanover St.
– Second Saturday Art Gallery’s January event will include music, food and local art 5 to 9 p.m. at Office Furniture Outlet, 519 N Franklin St., York. Donations will be accepted for Stony Hill Farm.
– Gaze at the winter sky during the Public Observing Starwatch 8 to 10 p.m. Saturday at York County Astronomical Society observatory at John C. Rudy County Park, 400 Mundis Race Road, East Manchester Township. [Free]
– Cast off at the Dover Township Fishing Show 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Dover Community Building, 3700 Davidsburg Road, Dover Township. [$3; proceeds benefit Dover Township Parks and Recreation Dept.]
– Three Kings Day was Monday, Jan. 6. The Jose Hernandez Hispanic Center will help locals celebrate 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at William Penn Senior High School, 101 W. College Ave., York. There will be toys for kids and goodies for all.
– Walk through a winter Wedding Wonderland 10 to 5 p.m. Sunday in Memorial Hall at the York Expo Center, 334 Carlisle Ave., West Manchester Township. Brides and grooms-to-be can talk to professionals about flowers, honeymoons, reception facilities, limousines, wedding cakes and more. [Free]