About this blogYour source for everything entertainment in southcentral Pennsylvania and beyond. Get updates about regional events, concerts and festivals. Keep up on Hollywood news, gossip and trends. Read reviews and pop culture commentary from our staff. Bookmark this blog.
- New releases: New tunes from Neon Trees; ‘Putty Squad’; Ken Burns documentary
- Go Green in the City attracts crowd for street festival in York
- Spring Forward Fashion Meets Art recap with videos and social media
- FlipSide guide 4/17/14: Spring Forward fashion event, Launch Music Conference and Festival, Revs Fan Fest
- Share your Pharrell Williams “Happy” videos
- Go Green in the City offers sun, sustainable fun at York street festival
- Liquid Hero Brewery hosts Chili Cook-Off Saturday
- Jeff Koons-designed Faberge egg reaches a record-breaking $500,000 on auction site
- York College, Cultural Alliance present Impact Arts & Culture Conference
- Lupita Nyong'o named People's 'Most Beautiful'
Connect With Us
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Martha on 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg: Events linked to Civil War in York County and beyond
- laser hair removal gone wrong on Mother’s Day events in York County and beyond
- Lou's Grand Slam 5K on FlipSide guide 2/27/14: Tour de Tanks, PA Garden Show of York, Fourth Fridays
- Jamie Goddard on Local musicians to revive Be-In concerts, from the 1960s, this fall in York
- Joyce Rossell Nokes on Meet Whitney Houston’s real-life bodyguard from York County
Author Archives: beth vrabel
We’re going to the movies tomorrow on our day off (thanks, Christopher Columbus!). Which local theater is your favorite — Regal Cinemas at the West Manchester Mall or Frank Theatres in the Queensgate Shopping Center?
That ’90s precursor to Silly Bands is remerging. Slap bracelets are back. We spotted a leopard-print one adorning the wrist of an otherwise elegantly attired teen on her way to Homecoming. Get a pack of 12 animal print slap bracelets … Continue reading
Have none of the designers in “Project Runway” had to pick up milk or dry cleaning? Have they never seen women at Target? It’s the only explanation for what they put forth as activewear in last night’s show. I do, … Continue reading
Check out grand old mansions–and how owners have modernized them–on the Avenues Neighborhood Association Home Tour, 2 to 6 p.m. Oct. 16. The association usually has small annual festivals to celebrate the neighborhood, but this year 12 homes will be … Continue reading
Tonight’s “Glee” episode promises to get touchy, focusing on religion when a character finds an image of a holy figure on his grilled cheese sandwich. What better to toast the show than a Holy Water Cocktail? According to 1001Cocktails.com www.1001cocktails.com … Continue reading
The Empire will strike theaters again, this time in 3-D, beginning 2012, according to StarWars.com. LucasFilms plans to release a 3-D conversion from the six-part “Star Wars” franchise each year, starting with “Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.”
Head to the York Expo Center for the annual Women’s Show this afternoon. It runs until 5 p.m., and is packed with fun crafts and samples, information and shopping opportunities! Be sure to stop by the Smart stand to sign … Continue reading
We’re heading out early this morning for the Apple Harvest Festival to fill our bellies with apple pancakes, and from there, it’s tractor square dancing. Holla!
Anyone else cry during “Project Runway” last night? Who knew a campy design show could be such a tearjerker! I started to sniffle a little when Gretchen’s mom surprised her. Then when April explained the inspiration between her broken tree/broken … Continue reading