Find out what’s up this weekend. Find more events in our newsletter. Please note that due to weather conditions, some of events might be subject to change or cancellation.
York Daily Record; Alisha Toomey of York and Michelle Stucher of West York prepare roses at Charles A Schaefer Flowers during the Feb. 13 snowstorm.
– Wolfgang Candy Company developed two beers with Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, 781 Harrisburg Ave., Lancaster. Both brews will be released at a Valentine’s Day party tonight. Read about other sweet beers.
– Check our listings for events, dinners and more.
Rescheduled events — We will continue to update these listings:
– Due to river conditions, the Polar Bear Plunge is postponed until Saturday, March 1. It will be at the same time and location.
– The Darius Rucker concert scheduled for Feb. 13 at the Giant Center is rescheduled for 7 p.m. Monday, March 3. Tickets will be valid for the new date.
– The Sweetheart Hike slated for tonight at Rocky Ridge Park has been canceled.
– York College is closed today. Events are canceled.
– The Wagon Shed Concert Series Valentine’s Sweetheart Concert in New Freedom has been postponed until 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21.
– The Valentine’s Day Wine Dinner at The Vineyard at Grandview in Mount Joy has been canceled.
– There will be no Valentine’s Day Dinner Dance at the Valencia Ballroom.
– The Love2Learn Family Fun event Saturday at Frank Theatres has been postponed.
– OrangeMite Studios Sonnets,Sweets, and Shakespeare performance has been postponed until March 22.
– Get “Caught In The Net” at Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre, 510 Centerville Road, Lancaster. It plans tonight through March 22. [$17 to $45]
– Fall into the rabbit hole during “Alice in Wonderland” 6:30 tonight and Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday at DreamWrights Youth & Family Theatre, 100 Carlisle Ave, York. The show runs through March 2. [$8 for general admission; $12 for reserved seating]
– Conductor and composer David Itkin will lead the York Symphony Orchestra during an audition concert 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center, 50 N. George St., York. Cellist Inbal Segev will join YSO as a guest performer. [$36, $46 and $56]
– York Jewish Community Center, 2000 Hollywood Drive, York Township, hosts its Battle of the Bands 6:30 to 10:30 Saturday. The snow date is March 1. [$8 in advance; $10 at the door]
– Classically trained vocalist Mylea Thompson will perform 7 p.m. Saturday at New Grounds Roasting Co., 248 W. Market St., York. Thompson will perform a repertoire of jazz standards by Ella Fitzgerald, Carmen McRae and Diana Krall as well as R&B songs by Jill Scott, Alicia Keys and Melanie Fiona. [$27 to $32]
– James Wolpert’s Saturday homecoming concert at Lancaster’s American Music Theatre sold out in a few days. AMT added another show 7 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are limited. [$39]
Festivals and family fun:
– Enjoy a variety of family friendly events during Fire & Ice Festival. There will be a Block Party 5 to 9 p.m. tonight; a Chili-Cookoff and Winter Wonderland Carnival 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and a Dodgeball Tournament 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.
– Staying in? Keep up with the Olympics. Pick the Oscar winners. And enter to win a Restaurant Week romance package.