Holiday fun and special events:
– Fourth of July event and fireworks roundup
– Read an interview with Katie Armiger, who will perform in York July 4
– First Friday festivities in York
– Gettysburg plans re-enactments, events for 151st anniversary this weekend
– The Totem Pole Playhouse and Gettysburg Community Theatre are partnering to present the children’s play “Aesop’s Fabels” 10 a.m. Saturday at Totem Pole Playhouse, 9555 Golf Course Road, Fayetteville. Performances will run Saturdays through Aug. 2. [Free]
– Children can go on an adventure with Alice and the White Rabbit during “Alice in Wonderland” 10 a.m. Saturday at Allenberry Playhouse, 1559 Boiling Springs Road, Boiling Springs. A lunch buffet will be served at 11 a.m. [Show/Buffet tickets are $22 for adults and $18 for children; show-only tickets available2]
– Hogmaw hits the stage 9 p.m. Saturday at The Burning Bridge Tavern, 108 Hellam St., Wrightsville. The local “thundergrass” band is known for fast-picking and foot-thumping tunes.
– Moon Dancery Winery hosts its Reds, Whites & Blues Fest 2 to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the winery, 1282 Klines Run Road, Lower Windsor Township. Chaz Depaolo and Bob Noble & Blue Voodoo will headline. [$20; passes good for both days]
– Enjoy wine, food and entertainment 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday during Sips and Sounds at Hauser Estate Winery, 410 Cashtown Road, Biglerville. Acoustic duo Strung Tight will provide tunes. The Chow Food Truck will provide grub.