Find out what’s up this weekend. And check out more events in our newsletter and on our regional pages.
– Explore 300 vendor tents, see a classic car show and snack on a bratwurst or apple strudel during the Hanover Dutch Festival 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday in Hanover’s Center Square.
– Pick peaches and play in a corn maze during Summer Fest 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday and Aug. 2 at Flinchbaugh’s Orchard and Farm Market, 110 Ducktown Road, Hellam Township. [Free; small fees for wagon rides and maze]
– The 23rd Annual Pride Festival of Central PA runs 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday in Harrisburg’s Riverfront Park. It will include live music with headliner Blake Lewis, drag shows, food and other activities.
– Hear country star David Fanning and taste seasonal beers during the Summer Brew & Tunes festival, which benefits Easter Seals, 1 to 8 p.m. Saturday on the National Civil War Museum grounds in Reservoir Park, 100 Concert Drive, Harrisburg. [$20 in advance; $25 at the gate; kids younger than 5 enter for free]
– Bring the family to enjoy games, activities and roasted corn at Corn Fest 11:30 a.m. Sunday at the Historic Round Barn and Farm Market, 298 Cashtown Road, Biglerville. It will include barbecue chicken, craft beer samples, peach sundaes and bluegrass tunes.
– Check out regional carnivals.
– Hang out with donkeys and ogres during “Shrek” at York Little Theatre, 27 S. Belmont St., Spring Garden Township. The show opened last week and will hit the stage 7:30 p.m. today, Friday and Saturday and 3 p.m. on Sunday. [$25, with discounts for seniors, students and kids]
– Dreamwrights’ Theatre Under the Trees brings Shakespeare’s “A Comedy of Errors” to local parks through Aug. 3. See the free play 6:30 p.m. Friday at Gifford Pinchot State Park, 5:30 p.m. Saturday at Brown’s Orchard and Farm Market and 6:30 p.m. Sunday at Cousler Park.
– Enjoy a wine and chocolate 6 to 7:30 p.m Friday during Corks & Candies – A Wine & Chocolate Event at American Music Theatre, 2425 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster. A performance of “Music of the Night: The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber” will follow. [$32 for adults and $16 for children]
– Hear “A Summer Salute to the Silver Screen” 8 p.m. Saturday in the Sunoco Performance Theater at the Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, 222 Market St., Harrisburg. Theatre Harrisburg and The Alumni Chorale of Lebanon Valley College will join forces to perform songs from a century of cinema. [$20]
– The Steel Wheels will honor roots musicians who have influenced the band during a concert 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Long’s Park Amphitheater, Route 30 and Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster. [Free]
– Old Crow Medicine Show brings its blend of bluegrass, folk and Americana sounds to Hershey. The show is 8 p.m. Sunday at the Hershey Theatre, 15 E. Caracas Ave. [Advance tickets are $27.50 and $42.50; Tickets will cost $5 more the day of the show]
Continue reading “FlipSide guide 7/24/14: Old Crow Medicine Show, Hanover Dutch Festival, Theatre Under the Trees” »