Find out what’s up this weekend. Find more events in our newsletter.
– All are welcome to light the menorah and celebrate Hanukkah 4 p.m. through Dec. 4 at the York Jewish Community Center, 2000 Hollywood Drive, York Township. (The JCC is closed Thanksgiving day.) The events include Hanukkah blessings, songs and games.
– Pound the pavement or cheer runners through York during the Turkey Trot 5K, which starts at 9 a.m. Thursday at the Graham Aquatic Center, 543 N. Newberry St, York. [Visit yorkcoymca.org for registration fees and details]
– The 30th Annual Christmas Magic – A Festival of Lights opens Friday at Rocky Ridge County Park, 3699 Deininger Road, Springettsbury Township. It’s open 6 to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday through Dec. 31. It’s closed Dec. 24 and 25. [$8 adults; $6 children ages 4 to 12; $7 seniors; free children younger than 4; no credit cards]
– Check out Hanover’s holiday weekend lineup and participate in the Holidaze Scramble 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Friday in downtown. The “Amazing Race”-style scavenger hunt will give participants a chance to learn about Hanover history while competing for prizes. Registration begins at 1:30 p.m.
– Enjoy decorations and food and drink samples during the Annual Holiday Open House at Mount Hope Estate & Winery, 2775 Lebanon Road, Manheim Township, Lancaster County. The event runs 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday to Sunday. [Free]
– Visit Santa in his shanty 5 to 8 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., 2 to 5 p.m. and 5:30 to 8 p.m. Saturday; and 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday on historic Lincoln Square in Gettysburg.
– While in Gettysburg, see the “Home For The Holidays” cabaret 7 p.m. Saturday on the town’s Lincoln Square presented by Gettysburg Community Theatre. [$10 to $15]
– Holiday attractions open in Hershey and other areas this weekend. Check out the Holiday Guide for more.
– Head to the 41st Annual Holiday Toy Sale at The Junior League of York Thrift Shop, 166 W. Market St., York. The shop will sell new and gently used toys Friday to Dec. 21.
– Recover from the Black Friday rush by shopping at merchants in area towns during Small Business Saturday. There will be free street and garage parking in downtown York.
– The 32nd Toy Extravaganza runs 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at the York Expo Center, 334 Carlisle Ave., West Manchester Township. [$5 for general admission; $20 for an early view of toys 5 p.m. Saturday and 7 a.m. Sunday]