About this blogYour source for everything entertainment in southcentral Pennsylvania and beyond. Get updates about regional events, concerts and festivals. Keep up on Hollywood news, gossip and trends. Read reviews and pop culture commentary from our staff. Bookmark this blog.
- Meet York’s new Appell Arts Fellow: Dillon Samuelson
- Regal Cinemas giving away free nachos, Hollywood trip through cheesy selfie contest
- FlipSide guide 7/24/14: Old Crow Medicine Show, Hanover Dutch Festival, Theatre Under the Trees
- What is the 2014 song of the summer? ‘Fancy,’ ‘Rude’ or ‘Stay With Me’?
- New releases: ‘Trouble in Paradise’ by La Roux, ‘GMO OMG’ and ‘Wii Sports Club’
Connect With Us
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- read more on New releases: Bleachers album, ‘Rio 2,’ Harper Lee biography
- Sophia Moors on Former York County musician involved in project that will send someone to space
- sophiamoors on FlipSide guide 6/19/14: Summer Solstice, Codorus Blast, Wingstock, Penn-Mar Irish Festival
- David Janoski on Tea Light Lantern Float Festival set for Saturday in Wrightsville
- Barry Kidd on In search of Jeff Koons collectors and enthusiasts
Tag Archives: artist
Silver City Rodeo: Checking in with the band before its EP release, which is the first of a four-part project
Last July, I interviewed Lancaster act Silver City Rodeo. Like many bands I’ve interviewed in the past, Silver City Rodeo has kept in touch. Group member Neil Martin recently emailed me to let me know that the group is seeing … Continue reading
Rebecca Cook called me on Tuesday. She alerted me that an artist from France was visitng the area and staying in her home. It was a surprise — a good one, of course — but not out of the blue. … Continue reading
Wayne White unveiled “FOE” in York April 4. I am collecting reactions from local artists and art professionals through April 27. Those interested can email me at email@example.com with a short reflection on the art and the artist. Include your … Continue reading
A steady stream of visitors flowed into Marketview Arts during First Friday in York to see Wayne White’s large installation title “FOE.” (Marketview Arts used to be the Fraternal Order of Eagles building.) About 60 people helped the artist and … Continue reading
Artist Wayne White saw his York College art exhibit for the first time during a reception Thursday. Dozens of students and community members attended. Gallery director Matthew Clay-Robinson, who hung the show, was eager to get feedback from the artist. … Continue reading
Craig M. Andrews grew up exploring wooded areas and streams near Manchester, Mount Wolf and York Haven, according to his Facebook page. He admired work by American watercolorists Andrew Wyeth, John Singer Sargent and Winslow Homer, and creates paintings that … Continue reading
A lot has happened for York-based musician Viking Moses, aka Brendon Massei, since I spoke with him in 2012. This spring, he is releasing a new album and travelling around the world. But before Massei hits the road, he has … Continue reading
Let your creative juices simmer during the Winter Artists’ Feast: Creative Potluck 6 to 10 p.m. Jan. 24 at YorkArts@CityArt, 118 W. Philadelphia St., York. Artists and art enthusiasts are welcome to discuss art and network. Guests are asked to … Continue reading
Jeff Koons — the famous pop artists with York County roots — has been in the news a lot recently. His sculpture “The Balloon Dog (Orange)” sold for a cool $58.6 million, making it the most expensive piece by a … Continue reading