About this blogYour source for everything entertainment in southcentral Pennsylvania and beyond. Get updates about regional events, concerts and festivals. Keep up on Hollywood news, gossip and trends. Read reviews and pop culture commentary from our staff. Bookmark this blog.
- What is the 2014 song of the summer? ‘Fancy,’ ‘Rude’ or ‘Stay With Me’?
- New releases: ‘Trouble in Paradise’ by La Roux, ‘GMO OMG’ and ‘Wii Sports Club’
- DreamWrights hosts Teen Masquerade Ball, hopes to grow teen programs
- FlipSide guide 7/17/14: Artscape, Brews & Blues, Pennsylvania Reunion Fest
- Wynn Las Vegas welcomes ‘Popeye’ by Jeff Koons
Connect With Us
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Sophia Moors on Former York County musician involved in project that will send someone to space
- sophiamoors on FlipSide guide 6/19/14: Summer Solstice, Codorus Blast, Wingstock, Penn-Mar Irish Festival
- David Janoski on Tea Light Lantern Float Festival set for Saturday in Wrightsville
- Barry Kidd on In search of Jeff Koons collectors and enthusiasts
- FlipSide Blog | New releases: Old Crow Medicine Show album ... | Medical Charisma Site on New releases: Old Crow Medicine Show album, Jennifer Weiner novel, ‘The Lunchbox’
Tag Archives: film
About 150 people attended the “All Is Lost” screening Thursday, Feb. 6, at York College. York County native Neal Dodson, who produced the movie, introduced it to the crowd of family, friends, college students and community members. Then, they played … Continue reading
Find out what’s up this weekend. Find more events in our newsletter. It’s a big weekend. Hibrewnation Festival of Beers sold out, but if you go, meet up with FlipSide for some giveaways. And find local spots to catch the … Continue reading
Award-winning filmmaker Nash Bhatt, who lives in York County and runs Nash Bhatt Productions, has written the script for a new a suspense thriller “A Considerate Husband.” Read an excerpt from an email Bhatt sent this week: I will be … Continue reading
Find out what’s up this weekend. Find more events in our newsletter. ICYMI: Find out what’s happening during First Friday and get the scoop on October concerts. Tonight: – Experience a food and beverage journey through the states 6 to … Continue reading
The Humanities Film Series kicks off Thursday, Oct. 3, with a 7 p.m. screening of “Suspiria” in Humanities Center Room 218 at York College, 441 Country Club Road, Spring Garden Township. The film is an example of Euro horror — … Continue reading
Don’t you forget about me. The final shot from “The Breakfast Club” — Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air — has to be one of the most iconic movie moments from the ’80s … or ever. I was … Continue reading
In 2008, Neal Dodson, a York County native, started Before The Door with his college friends and actors Zach Quinto and Corey Moosa. When they stumbled across J.C. Chandor’s script about a firm in financial crisis, they knew they had … Continue reading
I interviewed Lance Wolf earlier this year for a series about the movie industry’s switch from 35-millimeter film to digital projection. The shift has the potential to put the few remaining small theaters in the area out of business unless … Continue reading
Eisenhower Academy instructor and filmmaker Dr. George Colburn will premiere his new two-hour documentary, “Eisenhower’s Secret War,” 7 tonight, July 15, in the Joseph Theater in Breidenbaugh Hall at Gettysburg College, 300 N. Washington St., Gettysburg. The program is free … Continue reading
Local filmmaker Clare Fogerty will screen her debut film “Improvising” May 19 at R/C Hanover Movies, 380 Eisenhower Drive, Hanover. The film focuses on a 20-somethings sorting her life out while teaching drama to young students and performing in a … Continue reading