About this blogYour source for everything entertainment in southcentral Pennsylvania and beyond. Get updates about regional events, concerts and festivals. Keep up on Hollywood news, gossip and trends. Read reviews and pop culture commentary from our staff. Bookmark this blog.
- FlipSide guide 3/6/14: ‘Rock of Ages,’ Jefferson Starship, Cinderella Ball
- Update on Shann Beezy’s new album, 717 Video Music Award nomination
- New releases: Real Estate album, “12 Years a Slave,” Chelsea Handler travel memoir
- Recap: Whiskey Appreciation Night at The Ember’s Restaurant & Lounge
- Register for FlipSide Night Out March 22 at CoWork155 in York
Connect With Us
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Jamie Goddard on Local musicians to revive Be-In concerts, from the 1960s, this fall in York
- Joyce Rossell Nokes on Meet Whitney Houston’s real-life bodyguard from York County
- Erin McCracken on Feb. 7 First Friday: #iloveyorkcity
- Rebecca on Feb. 7 First Friday: #iloveyorkcity
- prizee gold on Oprah over the years: Locals with connections to the show
Tag Archives: The Parliament
Ten reasons to venture off campus and into the city
Show love for York with the #iloveyorkcity hashtag during First Friday festivities downtown. (Shorter version is #ilyc.) Shop for your sweetheart, dine and peruse art and deals to your heart’s content 5 to 9 p.m. Offerings include: Art and openings: … Continue reading
Bet you thought we couldn’t fit another “first” in that headline, right? Anyway, this month’s First Friday is focused on being the first one in 2014. Check out more 2014 First Friday themes. Kick off the new year with shopping, … Continue reading
The March 2013 First Friday fashion show merged local businesses and artists. York art collective The Parliament organized the event, which hit the runway at Marketview Arts.
Update: According to the City of York website, some original Light Up Night plans have changed due to tonight’s forecast. The website states: “The Tree Lighting Ceremony will still take place beginning 6:20 p.m. at Continental Square. We encourage you … Continue reading
The Parliament will host its second annual Giftmas Shop for December’s First Friday Light Up Night event. The art gallery and organization is looking for handmade Christmas ornaments to sell as as a fundraiser. It will provide clear glass ball … Continue reading
Halloween is Thursday, so that means it’s time to switch into the holiday mindset Friday. Get into the spirit at local shops and events during the First Friday Holiday Open House 5 to 9 p.m. in downtown York. Offerings include: … Continue reading
York’s Royal Square neighborhood continues to incubate creativity and community art projects. According to a news release, there are now four galleries on the 100 block of East King Street — The Parliament, King’s Courtyard Artist Collective, Philosophy Collective and … Continue reading
Find out what’s up this weekend. Find more events in our newsletter. ICYMI: Find out what’s happening during First Friday and get the scoop on October concerts. Tonight: – Experience a food and beverage journey through the states 6 to … Continue reading