About this blogYour source for everything entertainment in southcentral Pennsylvania and beyond. Get updates about regional events, concerts and festivals. Keep up on Hollywood news, gossip and trends. Read reviews and pop culture commentary from our staff. Bookmark this blog.
- New releases: New tunes from Neon Trees; ‘Putty Squad’; Ken Burns documentary
- Go Green in the City attracts crowd for street festival in York
- Spring Forward Fashion Meets Art recap with videos and social media
- FlipSide guide 4/17/14: Spring Forward fashion event, Launch Music Conference and Festival, Revs Fan Fest
- Share your Pharrell Williams “Happy” videos
- Go Green in the City offers sun, sustainable fun at York street festival
- Liquid Hero Brewery hosts Chili Cook-Off Saturday
- Jeff Koons-designed Faberge egg reaches a record-breaking $500,000 on auction site
- York College, Cultural Alliance present Impact Arts & Culture Conference
- Lupita Nyong'o named People's 'Most Beautiful'
Connect With Us
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Martha on 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg: Events linked to Civil War in York County and beyond
- laser hair removal gone wrong on Mother’s Day events in York County and beyond
- Lou's Grand Slam 5K on FlipSide guide 2/27/14: Tour de Tanks, PA Garden Show of York, Fourth Fridays
- Jamie Goddard on Local musicians to revive Be-In concerts, from the 1960s, this fall in York
- Joyce Rossell Nokes on Meet Whitney Houston’s real-life bodyguard from York County
Tag Archives: The Parliament
Friday night was an inspiring night in York. Leaders of The Parliament and the Royal Square neighborhood realized one of their dreams — to fill the Bond Building on South Queen Street with artistic energy. Several dozen people attend the … Continue reading
FlipSide guide 4/17/14: Spring Forward fashion event, Launch Music Conference and Festival, Revs Fan Fest
Find out what’s up this weekend. And check out more events in our newsletter and on our regional pages. Tonight: – Grammy award-winning Carolina Chocolate Drops will take the stage 8 p.m. at the Capitol Theatre, 50 N. George St. … Continue reading
Ten reasons to venture off campus and into the city
Show love for York with the #iloveyorkcity hashtag during First Friday festivities downtown. (Shorter version is #ilyc.) Shop for your sweetheart, dine and peruse art and deals to your heart’s content 5 to 9 p.m. Offerings include: Art and openings: … Continue reading
Bet you thought we couldn’t fit another “first” in that headline, right? Anyway, this month’s First Friday is focused on being the first one in 2014. Check out more 2014 First Friday themes. Kick off the new year with shopping, … Continue reading
The March 2013 First Friday fashion show merged local businesses and artists. York art collective The Parliament organized the event, which hit the runway at Marketview Arts.
Update: According to the City of York website, some original Light Up Night plans have changed due to tonight’s forecast. The website states: “The Tree Lighting Ceremony will still take place beginning 6:20 p.m. at Continental Square. We encourage you … Continue reading
The Parliament will host its second annual Giftmas Shop for December’s First Friday Light Up Night event. The art gallery and organization is looking for handmade Christmas ornaments to sell as as a fundraiser. It will provide clear glass ball … Continue reading