Sun is breaking through the clouds, our clocks jumped ahead one hour and, dare I say, winter sweaters might be heading into storage.
It’s time to bask in the sunshine, get out of the gym and exercise in the great outdoors.
Here are a few healthy ways to enjoy the warmer weather:
1. Head south and take a hike through Prettyboy Reservoir at the northwest corner of Baltimore County, Md. It’s a beautiful trip and the spot has a variety of trails to travel.
2. Play tennis on a public court. If your local park doesn’t have courts, head to a high school close to you after school’s out.
3. Run on the Heritage Rail Trail. The 21-mile trail is scenic, quite and easy to run, walk or bike on. Most of the trail is shaded, so you might want to visit it on a warmer day.
4. Buy seeds to start a garden. Tomato, eggplant and pepper plants can be seeded for transplant now, and planted later this month.
5. Bike, instead of drive. If you live close to work or market, you might want to consider biking to save gas and build muscle. If need to pick up a new set of wheels, head to a local cycling shop, like Adventure Cycling and Fitness (4370 W. Market St.), Gung Ho Bikes (1815 Susquehanna Trail North) or Whistle Stop Bicycle Shop (2 W. Franklin St.).
Want more ideas to get you moving outside? Check out our list of places to get your sweat on in York County.