Sometimes, I just want to eat greens. However, when I think of eating yet another salad, I would much rather eat junk food. As a vegan, the idea of salads can be daunting, as in years past, they were the only things available for vegans at restaurants.
As some people say, I am not a rabbit.
Chocolate mint cookie shake
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk (soy or almond)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons of granola, such as Chocolate Mint Cookie granola
- Place all ingredients except granola into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and sprinkle granola on top.
This mint shake is a great breakfast or dessert that includes a daily dose of essential fats, iron and vitamins. Enjoy this spring-colored drink while resting in the warm sun.