When it comes to breakfast, that same old bowl of instant oatmeal or Cheerios can get old fast. But during the work week, it’s often difficult to salvage an extra 10 to 15 minutes to cook up something healthy and delicious.
But a little prep work can help keep your first meal of the day interesting, while ensuring that you’ve got the energy you need to start powering through your day.
This recipe for Mini Crustless Quiches is a great option for anyone who’s on the go, whether you’re shuttling off your kids to school or rushing to get to the office on time. Sans a crust, this dish packs protein and flavor. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and pop one in the microwave for 45 seconds. Pair with a piece of fruit and whole-grain toast.
Mini Crustless Quiches
Makes 6 quiches
1/4 cup low-fat milk
1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
4 slices center cut bacon, chopped
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/3 cup onion, diced
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook bacon, set aside, cool and chop.
3. Heat a small pan to medium-high heat, add olive oil and then onions. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes or until they become translucent. Remove from heat.
4. In a medium bowl, crack eggs, add milk, salt and pepper, and whisk. Stir in cheese, broccoli, bacon and onions.
5. Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray. Pour mixture to fill six compartments.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes.
Nutrition information (Serving, 1 quiche): 113 calories, 8 grams fat, 3 grams carbohydrates, 9 grams proteinMore good-for-you breakfast recipes
Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes with flaxseed
Berry Banana Green Smoothie