I love breakfast foods. I could eat them any time of day. Most Sundays I go to brunch with my husband after church. If we go to a restaurant any other time and it is 24-hour breakfast, you know what I am getting.
Recently I grabbed a package of Lightlife Gimme Lean fake sausage (there was a coupon attached!) When I was looking over recipes on the brand’s website, I was immediately drawn to the breakfast dishes. This one caught my eye, as it is simple, minimal ingredients, not too high in calories and easy to convert to dairy-free. You can use the milk products like the recipe calls for, but my household usually has the dairy substitutes.
Make it the night before, pop it in the oven in the morning and enjoy a breakfast that is sure to bring the family together!
Good morning egg bake
based off this recipe
- 1 package (14 oz) Lightlife Gimme Lean sausage
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Silk light original soy milk
- 1 cup shredded Daiya fake mozzarella cheese
- 5 slices whole wheat bread
- In a skillet, sauté Gimme Lean sausage in oil for about 5-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Layer sausage in the bottom of a 7-inch-by-13-inch pan.
- Cut bread slices into 1-inch strips and layer them across the sausage.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Pour egg mixture evenly over the bread slices. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Take the cover off and bake in a 350°F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden on top. Let it sit for a few minutes to settle before serving.
Have a recipe to share? Email email@example.com.