Another sweet and salty combo

Remember the reasoning behind dipping your french fries in a Wendy’s Frostee – salty and sweet as a taste combo?

Well, Jo chimed in with another salty-sweet combo:

Chocolate ice cream or chocolate marshmallow sundae, with potato chips!

Now, Jo, I was trying to be nice and find you a picture of that somewhere out there on the internet, to use with this post.

However. Nowhere on the entire World Wide Web do I find a picture that comes close.

I think that makes you unique! :)

All right, I’m still taking submissions. What are your sweet and salty combos?

This entry was posted in Things we eat. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Another sweet and salty combo

1. Adriane says:

Well, it isn’t anything special, but my favorite sweet/salty munchy is pretzels and chocolate milk. Together. Chewing at the same time. There IS a technique, of course, but I’m not telling anyone. Yum.

2. The other Jo says:

Adriane reminded me of another of my favorites. Jiffy extra crunchy peanut butter on a Ritz with a glass of ice cold chocolate milk. And the chocolater the better.
    Adriane–do you dip the pretzels in the chocolate milk? Or do you put the chocolate on the pretzel, then into the milk? Inquiring minds want to know.

3. Mark Grubic says:

I was ‘reunited’ with another one of my favorite salty-sweet combos yesterday…dropping pretzel bits in my glass of Pepsi. The fizz is great and the Pepsi soaked pretzel bits are a pleasant ending to a great drink.

4. Joe says:

You have got to try Nature Valleys “sweet & salty nut granola bars.” My favorite is Cashew. The description reads: “dipped in cashew butter coating bursting with cashews.” They are also available in peanut and I think almond. Do yourself a favor and go get some!

5. Mark Grubic says:

Those are great!!! I also think that the cashew are the best. I found those a while back before we left the US. Thanks for adding to my wish list I have to send my Dad!

6. kris says:

What? No pic of chips and ice cream?
    Must be a York County thing.
    As a matter of fact, I know it is.
    Personally, my favorite is Martin’s BBQ (waffle cut, of course) potato chips dipped in vanilla ice cream….mmmmmm

7. Eric Trimmer says:

My grandpa used to drop a few salted peanuts into his bottle of Pepsi.
    And in Mexico, salt and lime are common additions to beer or soda pop.
    When I went to Guadalajara a few years ago to visit my wife’s relatives, I bought a Squirt citrus soda on the street. The vendor asked, “Con sal?” (don’t know how to make upside down question mark…)
    I said yes.
    Had to dump the whole thing out. Nasty.