Much like last week’s Ask Joan, this week follows a theme in its questions. All are from folks who own something that refers to a former business in the area, on which they are seeking memories or more info.
They’re not businesses I necessarily know much about on my own – they’re not anything from our stores and restaurants of the past directory, for example – so I’m turning all of these questions over to you, the readers, to see if you can help!
1. Info on Little Professor bookstore
2. Seeking Steve and Warney’s information
3. Where was Yorktowne Service Stores?
1. I just purchased a book at a yard sale and it had a bookmark from the Little Professor bookstore in the Queensgate Shopping center. I don’t remember this store being there. How long ago was that?
– Dave Toomey
2. Any info about a business called Steve and Warney’s located at King, Penn and Salem Ave., York, PA, Phone: 81808. I have a nail clipper inside a leather case from there. Because of the 5 digit phone number, I’m assuming late 50s, early 60s?
– Cindi Daugherty
3. I want to know what and where “Yorktowne Service Stores” was located, what they sold. I have a very large sign of theirs, found in a basement of mine. It’s in good shape. Can you get some info on this business? About what year it was, anything.
– Karol Feeser
I’d love to help Dave, Cindi and Karol – so if you have any memories, information, photos, etc., to share, please comment!
Got any questions? Ask Joan using the form at right. I’ll attempt to answer them in a future “Ask Joan” column on this blog. I get a large volume, but I will feature three each week and answer as many as possible!