The end of my mulching for this year is in sight. It’s not QUITE finished yet, but it’s looking better all the time. Why did I buy a home with so much garden included, again, when I hate to garden?
1. Former Damon’s becoming WellSpan practice
2. Seeking information on Piccalo’s/Piccolo’s
3. Whereabouts of Catholic high school
1. I ride by the old Damon’s buidling every day at the corner of Roosevelt and Rt.30, but over the last (month) or so they’ve demolished the building. Kinsley is in there but there aren’t any signs anywhere that say what is going to be built there. Any idea?
Hey Tina, thanks for checking on that!
That’s actually going to become a WellSpan family medical practice – details are available here!
I hope that helps!
2. I remember a restaurant called Piccalo’s (Piccolo’s?). It sat about where the George Street exit off I-83 is now. I think it was a bar and restaurant. I remember going there sometimes on Friday evenings for dinner, spaghetti and meatballs. Yum! Does anyone know if they went somewhere else?
– Ann Brown
I was wondering at first if this was an earlier incarnation of what is now The Cove and was previously Emerson’s and some other establishments, or something separate. Any comments for Ann would be welcome!
3. In March, reader Dan Noble asked for photos of a Catholic high school formerly in York, giving its location as at King and West streets.
I heard from Henry Dennis, who wrote, “There are no photos of the old Catholic high school from the 1940s or ’50s on King and West streets because the school at King and West was Lincoln Elementary School. I started there in 1947. The Catholic high you’re referring to is now the New Hope Academy at 459 W. King St.”
Well, that’s good to know! I am still hoping someone will have a photo of this Catholic school – anyone have one to share?
Got any questions? Ask Joan using the form at right. I’ll attempt to answer them in a future “Ask Joan” column on this blog. I get a large volume, but I will feature three each week and answer as many as possible!