Penn State Football Chat, July 30, 8 p.m.

Frank Bodani will be taking your Penn State questions and comments again Monday evening, with plenty of new information to discuss revolving around the NCAA sanctions, recruiting and the current team.

This entry was posted in Big Ten, Bill O'Brien, Chat, Depth chart, Football, Frank Bodani, Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno, NCAA, Penn State, Silas Redd and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Penn State Football Chat, July 30, 8 p.m.

1. chad says:

Right off the bat… let’s talk Silas Redd. What are you hearing?

TheSchoolPhilly is reporting that PSU coaches are 100% confident that Silas will remain with PSU. Link: http://www.theschoolphilly.com/source-penn-state-team-source-says-coaches-are-100-sure-redd-stays/

thanks!
    We STILL are…

• Frank Bodani says:

Maybe Penn State coaches are right, but I am increasingly doubtful. He’s been romanced real hard and it just seems like it will all be too much to resist. If you want to be wooed, who better to do it than USC? That says a lot right there.

2. Joe says:

Still think it’s 50-50 with Redd. I understand he’s on his way back today and will meet with O’Brien tomorrow. Don’t know if that means BoB will have one last chance or he just wants to tell him in person. I still think there is a bit of loyalty to the program and his friends, and there is no guarantee of an NC at USC, but those song girls might be the factor that tips the scales.

• Frank Bodani says:

Joe, now hearing on Twitter that Silas could be a silent verbal to USC. Does make some sense, considering, as someone pointed out, that he’s spent more time with USC players and coaches than his own teammates recently.

3. Jeff says:

I couldn’t be more impressed with mauti. Everytime I hear him talk to the media it gives me chills. I know I’m a homer, but that guy is the epitome of student athlete. Do you think his attitude will help keep some of ’12 and ’13 guys?

• Frank Bodani says:

Hey Jeff, definitely think guys like Mauti and Zordich are absolutely required right now to balance the ship. Before you can truly move forward you need an anchor for others to latch onto.

4. Jeff says:

I think the loss of fera would be as big as redd. The kicking game is going to be key for PSU for next 5-6 years. If I were BoB, I look for the best long snapper, punter, and field goal kicker and get them a scholarship immediately. Sales pitch…. You will get a lot of exposure!!!