Here’s Obama’s long-form birth certificate

The White House released this today in response to questions about whether he was really born in the U.S., The Associated Press reports.

White House spokesman Jay Carney says Obama felt the debate over his birthplace had become a “sideshow” that was bad for the country and political debate.

White House officials have said the issue was settled long ago. But so-called “birthers” opposed to Obama have kept the issue alive. Potential Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump recently began questioning why Obama hadn’t ensured the long form was released.

Obama Birth Certificate Long Form

About Scott Blanchard

Sunday editor at the York (Pa.) Daily Record/Sunday News. Follow me on Twitter and Google+.
This entry was posted in Federal government. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Here’s Obama’s long-form birth certificate

1. Nancy says:

Why did it take 2 years to produce this document? If it sounds phoney it’s probably phoney!

2. Nancy, I haven’t scanned the internet on this but I imagine some are having the same reaction. What, if anything, do you think would be convincing evidence?

3. Justagirl says:

Nancy,
    How about flying to Hawaii and looking up the document yourself in the archives…I mean really people? Do you really think he could have or WOULD have been sworn in over McCain if he really wasn’t a citizen? Come on you people need to be for real

4. My hospital birth certificate has my footprints on it to allow positive biometric identification of the current me with the newborn me. That’s probably the next issue for the brain-dead birthers. Obama could’ve scored a smackdown long ago and stopped the issue by this release.

5. DARK STAR says:

That’s funny, his family Is telling a far different story. They weren’t told the official
    line most likely.

6. Sonny Magoo says:

Finally! It took a billionaire’s clout, but now it is out!
    Most of knew it was just a shell game anyway.
    A way to marginalize a block of voters whose only fault was lack of trust or just plain fear.
    These “birthers” existed by design OF Obama and his “transparency”.
    Well done Donald… for a piece of cannon fodder!

7. God says:

personnally, i think its a fony. If you can get fake I.D’s or fake Drivers license Etc than you can get a fake I.D. The one I seen looks WAY too Knew of a birth Certificate. Either way it dont matter he sucks as a president, he wont get reelected.

8. RS says:

God, you’re an idiot. No matter what Obama does, birther idiots like you will never accept it because the real problem is truly skin deep with ****** like you. And learn how to spell.

9. Hey all, love the conversation here. So you know, I edited a profanity out of one comment, and would ask that you keep the language clean. Thanks.