About this blogPennsylvania's new open records law gives you a stronger tool for keeping an eye on how government spends your money. We'll be watching, too.
- State audit: Dallastown schools paid ex-superintendent too much in car allowance
- 911 calls during Newtown school shooting released
- How much money is York County spending, and on what?
- PA state universities continue fight against more transparency « Watchdog.org
- York County homicide map among Datacenter resources
- Hardworking Tax Payer on On teacher salaries: What else do you want to know?
- Record Tracker | Angel Food Ministries founder gets 7-year prison sentence on Angel Food Ministries founders face fraud, other charges; read indictment
- Scott Blanchard on State provides suspended dentist’s letter to patients recommending HIV, hepatitis testing
- Lynne Huddleston-Ruff on State provides suspended dentist’s letter to patients recommending HIV, hepatitis testing
- Eight York County school districts approved to raise tax … – YorkBlog « Tax Rate Calculator on Eight York County school districts approved to raise tax rates higher than state ceiling
- Commonwealth Court
- Court records
- Federal government
- First Amendment
- Freedom of information
- Freedom of Information Act
- Judicial records
- Lebanon County
- Melissa Nann Burke
- Nichole Dobo
- Online records
- Pennsylvania open records
- Pennsylvania public record
- Pennsylvania Right to Know
- Right-to-Know Law
- Scott Blanchard
- Sean Adkins
- Sunshine Act
- York City
- York County
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Category Archives: York County
A New York Times investigation of incentives that cities, counties and states award to businesses show 70 listings for York County businesses having received all or part of grants, loans or incentive programs. The top nine listings total $30.3 million.
The murder of a Los Angeles man allegedly by two people from York reminded me that the Los Angeles Times created an extensive, interactive online database of murders in L.A. County from 2007 on. The Times writes that it created … Continue reading
I just discovered this blog, called West York Watchdog, which says it’s “intended to share information with the taxpaying public of the West York Area School District. It will include details about board meetings, information about upcoming meetings, and notices … Continue reading
It was a straightforward idea: How much federal stimulus money is York County getting, and what is it being spent on? The answer, reporter Teresa Boeckel found out, was something like trying to find your way out of a maze … Continue reading
The state Office of Open Records had its 1,000th appeal filed recently. This was the first year for the new office. It serves those who are fighting state and local agencies for the right to access public documents. The 1,000th … Continue reading
Harley-Davidson workers got a look at their tentative new contract this morning. It includes a commitment from the company to invest up to $90 million to restructure the York operations and that the company will discontinue its efforts to relocate … Continue reading
A truancy town hall in Dover scheduled for Monday night made me wonder if you could get truancy numbers from the state. And the answer is not literally — at least, I couldn’t find anything on the site — but … Continue reading