Green Bay fullback John Kuhn (pictured above) will be honored with a bobblehead giveaway by the Revs before a July 3 game against Somerset Patriots, one of several giveaways announced today.
Kuhn played and graduated for Dover High School, located in York County a short drive from Sovereign Bank Stadium.
A standout but not a blue chip recruit, Kuhn played college football for Division II Shippensburg University. Kuhn broke in with the Pittsburgh Steelers practiced squad before moving to Green Bay, where he won a Super Bowl ring in 2011. Kuhn returned to York last summer, throwing out the first pitch at the Atlantic League All-Star Game (pictured at right).
Here’s the rest of the giveaway details:
(Revs press release) The two-time defending Atlantic League Champion York Revolution has announced the latest additions to the promotional schedule for 2012, a series of giveaways lasting throughout the season. The organization has also announced special character appearances for three dates as well.
* Giveaway season will start Friday, May 11 against the Somerset Patriots when the Revs hand out free Back-To-Back Atlantic League Champions caps to the first 2,500 fans. The cap giveaway is presented by OSS, Orthopedic & Spine Specialists.
* On Wednesday, May 24 “The Avengers” will appear at Sovereign Bank Stadium for the Revolution’s game against the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs. Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and War Machine will all be at the game to greet fans and take pictures following their big movie opening.
* For Go Green Night on Saturday, June 9 against the Long Island Ducks, the first 2,000 fans will receive eco tote bags and mini flying discs courtesy of the York County Solid Waste Authority.
* Tuesday, July 3 will bring one of the most anticipated giveaways in team history, when the Revolution honor Dover native, Green Bay Packers fullback, NFL Pro Bowler and Super Bowl Champion John Kuhn with his own bobblehead prior to the game against Somerset. Kuhn, a former local standout for Dover High and Shippensburg University, will be immortalized in bobblehead form, commemorating his appearance to throw out the first pitch before the 2011 Atlantic League All-Star Game at Sovereign Bank Stadium. Presented by Turkey Hill, the first 1,500 fans through the gates will receive the bobblehead.
* The following night on the 4th of July, an old giveaway favorite returns when the Revs hand out camouflage caps to the first 1,000 fans, courtesy of St. Onge to go along with Armed Forces Night and a spectacular post-game fireworks show presented by Sprint. The Independence Day celebration is presented by BAE Systems and will include an in-game performance by the Spring Garden Band.
* Another preview of a summer movie blockbuster will be Tuesday, July 17 against the Bridgeport Bluefish, when Batman, “The Dark Knight” will appear live at Sovereign Bank Stadium, coinciding with his latest premiere on the big screen. The following day on the 18th, SpongeBob SquarePants will be in attendance for Camp Day, an 11 a.m. Wednesday start against Bridgeport.
* On Sunday, July 29, fans will be able to show their York Revolution pride during the War of The Roses rivalry against the Lancaster Barnstormers, as the first 1,000 fans will receive a Revolution cap courtesy of Penn Mar Human Services. Giveaway season will wrap-up in September, with the popular Memorial Hospital Umbrella giveaway to the first 1,500 fans on the 14th against Somerset, which is also Girl’s Night Out, presented by Memorial Hospital.
For the full game and promotional schedule, fans should visit the schedule tab on YorkRevolution.com. For ticket information, and group discounts, please call 717-801-HITS.