Sporting events are often linked to unhealthy food.
With NFL playoffs underway and the Super Bowl near, Hanover Hospital has released a healthier version of one’s typical gathering.
Although some people might consider such parties an occasional splurge, it’s inspiring to see the hospital tout some alternatives — because football lasts a season, not a day. Plus, ditching one’s dieting efforts for special occasions might become a habit that’s hard to break.
Hanover Hospital provided recipes for healthier spicy buffalo chicken, hearty turkey chili, layered Mexican bean dip, barbecue pulled pork and onion rings. The fan-favorite recipes have been tweaked, lowering fat and calorie content by substituting ingredients such as egg whites and low-fat cheeses, and baking instead of frying.
Kudos to Hanover Hospital’s twist on the cuisine of an American tradition. Your guests’ health will thank you.
The site also provides hundreds of other healthy recipes and cooking-demonstration videos. For details, visit www.hanoverhospital.org and click on “Health eCooking Recipes.”
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Connect with us
- Smart Magazine | Catch up with Smart this weekend on Reciplease! Rhubarb isn’t just for pies
- Alana Haag on A high school graduation speech revisited
- Buffy's World | Don’t miss: Northeastern volleyball to Weis and Rutter’s giveaways on Check out our July/August 2013 e-zine
- Smart Magazine | Reciplease! Rhubarb isn’t just for pies on Reciplease! Keep it real with a strawberry basil cocktail
- Smart Magazine | Manners Matter: Say ‘thank you’ to your child’s teacher on Last-minute teacher gift inspired by Pinterest
Tags30 ways to enjoy winter april trotter central market Christmas container garden chronicles contest cooking Courtney Cashour craft DIY emileigh clare exercise family fitness food food allergies food allergy green green living health holiday countdown holidays Jess Reed kids Leigh Zaleski Mindy Quesenberry Of Pots and Pens Pa. parenting Pennsylvania pinterest Rebecca LeFever recipe sarah chain Seasonal Recipe Contest Smart Smart Health Challenge Smart magazine thanksgiving video York york city york college York County York PA