Sporting events are often linked to unhealthy food.
With NFL playoffs underway and the Super Bowl near, Hanover Hospital has released a healthier version of one’s typical gathering.
Although some people might consider such parties an occasional splurge, it’s inspiring to see the hospital tout some alternatives — because football lasts a season, not a day. Plus, ditching one’s dieting efforts for special occasions might become a habit that’s hard to break.
Hanover Hospital provided recipes for healthier spicy buffalo chicken, hearty turkey chili, layered Mexican bean dip, barbecue pulled pork and onion rings. The fan-favorite recipes have been tweaked, lowering fat and calorie content by substituting ingredients such as egg whites and low-fat cheeses, and baking instead of frying.
Kudos to Hanover Hospital’s twist on the cuisine of an American tradition. Your guests’ health will thank you.
The site also provides hundreds of other healthy recipes and cooking-demonstration videos. For details, visit www.hanoverhospital.org and click on “Health eCooking Recipes.”
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Connect with us
- dairy free diet on Branch out: Find the perfect tree for your outdoor space
- FlipSide Blog | Meet the new FlipSide Entertainment Editor: Ashley May on Be fancy: The practical high-society look you need this holiday season
- Smart Magazine | Manners Matter: Gift giving and receiving etiquette on York County librarians name best books to give as gifts for the holidays
- Sakthi on How to find the perfect purse, handbag or tote
- April Trotter on Have an iPad? Download our free Cookie Cookbook
Tagsabby rhoad april trotter central market Christmas container garden chronicles contest cooking Courtney Cashour craft DIY exercise family fitness food food allergies food allergy green green living health heidi thomas holiday countdown holidays How I Pinch a Penny Jess Reed kids Leigh Zaleski Mindy Quesenberry Of Pots and Pens Pa. parenting Pennsylvania pinterest Rebecca LeFever recipe sarah chain Sarah Mock Smart Smart Health Challenge Smart magazine thanksgiving video York york city York County York PA
- Managing expectations, stress and alcohol intake key to enjoying holiday festivities
- Be fancy: The practical high-society look you need this holiday season
- Manners Matter: Gift giving and receiving etiquette
- How to make a Christmas tree from old newspapers
- York County librarians name best books to give as gifts for the holidays