Googling leads me to some interesting recipes that I usually try to cook on an impulse.
Yesterday, while searching for words to describe the curry taste of the pumpkin-corn soup I made, I found a forum with a “chicken curry in a hurry” recipe. Because curry seems to be my spice theme of the week (and because I already had all the ingredients at home), I gave it a try.
I love Indian food. This recipe was a nice, healthy substitute. To acquire a creamy texture, it calls for low-fat plain yogurt and low-fat mayo.
This was my first attempt at an Indian-inspired dish. I picked up “Cuisines of India: The Art and Tradition of Regional Indian Cooking” from Martin Library to expand my culinary repertoire. Look for future updates! In the meantime, try this quick, low-fat dish.
Chicken Curry in a Hurry
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
3 tablespoons finely-chopped onions
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut 1/2-inch strips
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
2 cups hot cooked brown rice
In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, onions, ginger and curry powder; set aside. Place the chicken in a medium bowl. Combine the paprika and pepper. Sprinkle over the chicken and toss until coated. Spray an unheated, large no-stick skillet with no-stick spray. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the yogurt mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over the rice.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Connect with us
- Smart Magazine | Homeowners deck the halls with natural elements on November/December 2013
- FlipSide Blog | Shops on North Beaver Street in York to host Men’s Night Out event Wednesday on Local retailers have something for everyone on your list
- FlipSide Blog | Meet the new FlipSide Entertainment Editor: Ashley May on Be fancy: The practical high-society look you need this holiday season
- Smart Magazine | Manners Matter: Gift giving and receiving etiquette on York County librarians name best books to give as gifts for the holidays
- Sakthi on How to find the perfect purse, handbag or tote
Tagsabby rhoad april trotter central market Christmas container garden chronicles contest cooking Courtney Cashour craft DIY exercise family fitness food food allergies food allergy green green living health heidi thomas holiday countdown holidays How I Pinch a Penny Jess Reed kids Leigh Zaleski Mindy Quesenberry Of Pots and Pens Pa. parenting Pennsylvania pinterest Rebecca LeFever recipe sarah chain Sarah Mock Smart Smart Health Challenge Smart magazine thanksgiving video York york city York County York PA