I received many comments on this post about Jason Tako, the Dover artist who paints pictures of homes that are about to be demolished. The article and pictures that were sent to me, and that I subsequently posted, were later published in the Your News section of the York Sunday News this past Sunday, so check out the Y section of your Sunday paper, if you still have it.
DianneB said, ‘Jason, You’re quite talented! We’re proud of our local artists!’
Jo wrote, ‘How very wonderful that someone cares enough to capture the history in a painting before the buildings are destroyed.’
Diane N. said, ‘Jason, thanks again for taking the time to paint my grandparents farm and caring enough to have this article published. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.’
And finally, Sally W. shared, ‘Jason I too want to thank you for the article you published about my granparents farm and wish that this article helps to keep this historical place alive and hope that someone can help to do so. … Thanks again’
I really like the new paintings of wood ducks that Jason has on his blog. They’re really dark and earthy. Check them out here.
If you’re a local artist, I’d love to hear from you and see some of your work. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to share!
- Go behind the scenes of our latest photo shoot! Our model was a trooper -- see what she did for our summer issue http://t.co/V62q37VoiD 58 minutes ago
- Feeling crafty? Learn how to make shabby chic accessories to decorate your home http://t.co/RtOKQsFgua #diy @RealSimple @MarthaStewart 1 hour ago
- #ICYMI Cori Strathmeyer of @YorkYMCA demonstrates how to do lunges in proper form, with modifications http://t.co/jlyG3qhgJR #nosweatyork 2 hours ago
Connect with us
- Spencer on Want to shop vintage-inspired fashion online?
- Smart Magazine | Reciplease! Asparagus part II, and nobody’s mad about beer batter on Reciplease! Get your fill of local asparagus while it’s peaking
- Smart Magazine | Carmina Cristina offers makeup seminars at Arthur and Daughters on Makeover: Evening makeup tips for women over 40
- Smart Magazine | Manners Matter: An adventure in eating out on Manners Matter: How sweet it is to eat dessert with you
- Smart Magazine | Catch up with Smart this weekend on Mommy kisses seal the deal with angry toddler
Tags30 ways to enjoy winter april trotter central market Christmas container garden chronicles contest cooking Courtney Cashour craft DIY emileigh clare exercise family fitness food food allergies food allergy green green living health holiday countdown holidays Jess Reed kids Leigh Zaleski Mindy Quesenberry Of Pots and Pens Pa. parenting Pennsylvania Phases Fitness pinterest Rebecca LeFever recipe sarah chain Seasonal Recipe Contest Smart Smart Health Challenge Smart magazine thanksgiving video York york city York County York PA