- The Silver Spring Township Fire Company will offer carols, sleigh rides, hot cocoa and more on Wednesday. Kids can also write their letter to Santa.
- The Gaither Vocal Band will take the stage Friday at the Giant Center in Hershey, with tickets ranging from $29.75 to $72.75.
- York welcomes December with First Friday’s theme of Light Up Night, with its holiday passport and specials at shops along West Market and North Beaver streets and inside Central and Farmers markets.
- Fairfield Inn kicks off its Annual Feasts of Christmas Friday and Saturday with Christmas caroling and Civil War-era cuisine.
- Catch “The Nutcracker” on Saturday and Sunday, presented by the Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet in Harrisburg — plus a pre-performance tea party with cast members before Saturday’s matinee. Or, watch Greater York Dance and Midstate Ballet dancers take on the classic at the Strand Capitol Performing Arts Center in York.
- Chow down on a colonial-style lunch and explore Christkindlmarkt in Schaefferstown Saturday.
- Decorate a gingerbread man — or two! — at Flinchbaugh’s Orchard and Farm Market in Hellam Township, and don’t miss the kids’ scavenger hunt and coloring contest.
- Check out beautifully decorated historic homes on the 2012 East Berlin Holiday House Tour on Sunday.
Phew! Lots going on. Wherever you end up, enjoy the week’s offerings — and if you particularly loved an event, leave us a comment and let us know! Want more details on any of these events, or want to check out Smart’s Holiday Countdown in full? We’ve got you covered.