It’s almost that time of year….
The American Cancer Society is gearing up for its 2013 Daffodil Days for York County. As the first flower of spring, the daffodil is considered a source of hope for patients diagnosed with cancer. Orders can be placed through the American Cancer Society York office by calling 717-846-2561 or 1-888-227-5445, option#3.
Below are options and prices:
- A bunch of daffodils (10 flowers), $10
- A half-box of 250 daffodils, $250
- A box of 500 daffodils, $500
- A 10-inch Ray O. Hope Boyds bear by Enesco, the ninth in a special Boyds™ Bear collection designed exclusively for the American Cancer Society Daffodil Days Bear and a bunch of daffodils, $25.
- A stylish etched glass carafe and a bunch of daffodils, $15.
- Potted mini daffodils: Three to four daffodil bulbs inside a foil-wrapped 4-inch pot, $12.
You can also deliver an anonymous Boyds Bear to a child in need in your community with a $25 donation to Project Care, or an anonymous bunch of daffodils to a local cancer patient with a $25 donation.
Preorders are due Feb. 20; daffodils will be available March 18-24, 2013.
ACS is also seeking volunteers to serve on the Daffodil Days committee, volunteer at a day site, or deliver daffodil orders to local residents or businesses during the week of daffodils in March. Call the York ACS office or visit cancer.org for details.