Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Connect with us
- FlipSide Blog | Shops on North Beaver Street in York to host Men’s Night Out event Wednesday on Local retailers have something for everyone on your list
- FlipSide Blog | Meet the new FlipSide Entertainment Editor: Ashley May on Be fancy: The practical high-society look you need this holiday season
- Smart Magazine | Manners Matter: Gift giving and receiving etiquette on York County librarians name best books to give as gifts for the holidays
- Sakthi on How to find the perfect purse, handbag or tote
- April Trotter on Have an iPad? Download our free Cookie Cookbook
Tagsabby rhoad april trotter central market Christmas container garden chronicles contest cooking Courtney Cashour craft DIY exercise family fitness food food allergies food allergy green green living health heidi thomas holiday countdown holidays How I Pinch a Penny Jess Reed kids Leigh Zaleski Mindy Quesenberry Of Pots and Pens Pa. parenting Pennsylvania pinterest Rebecca LeFever recipe sarah chain Sarah Mock Smart Smart Health Challenge Smart magazine thanksgiving video York york city York County York PA
- Do you know an extraordinary woman in York County?
- Of Pots and Pens: Bourbon and maple syrup sweet potato casserole
- Mom adds superstitious feather to her cap after ER visit
- Managing expectations, stress and alcohol intake key to enjoying holiday festivities
- Be fancy: The practical high-society look you need this holiday season
Author Archives: Lyzz Jones
With a little planning, every get-together and feast can be safe and inviting.
Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching: it’s the 23rd people! Time to get your ducks (or turkeys … or turduckens!) in a row. It’s always a great idea to plan out your get-togethers step-by-step before a major holiday. Can help to relieve … Continue reading
Nothing better than some one-stop shopping for your food allergy news, right? You’ve got it, right here on Smart for August. This month’s bloggers share their thoughts on allergen-friendly birthday parties for kids, eating kosher with food allergies and replacing … Continue reading
(Graphic artist Sam did these illustrations for last year’s story. The Halloween candy was chasing a little trick-or-treater.) I know we are months away from the crush of fall holidays, but bear with me here: I’m working on a story … Continue reading
Ah, summer. Sleeping in past 9 … hot, lazy days by the pool … kids outside running around … the smell of a neighborhood barbecue … chasing fireflies at dusk. I love all the above in the summertime. What I … Continue reading
Back when my daughter was diagnosed with food allergies, the first thing that ran through my mind was, “What am I going to feed this child?” Her multiple allergies ruled out 85 percent of the food I would have bought … Continue reading
Would you allow your food-allergic child to be infected with hookworms in a trial study? I came across two unusual pieces of food-allergy news. First was Dr. James Logan, who infected himself with hookworms, then swallowed a pill camera to … Continue reading
Holidays and special events like birthdays can be challenging when you deal with food allergies. But Easter this year went smooth. No problems, no feeling left out and best of all, my food-allergy kid got to enjoy some new treats. … Continue reading
So I finally found the time to make the allergen-free doughnuts I wrote about here. I was able to find the final two ingredients I needed (millet and sorghum flour) thanks to Sonnewald, and then I got to work. The … Continue reading
Every now and then, I get hit with emails that seem to have uncanny timing…. This was the subject line: “Allergy-Free Beignets for Mardi Gras by Elizabeth Gordon” I was just bemoaning the fact that the frozen doughnuts in the … Continue reading