Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Connect with us
- FlipSide Blog | Shops on North Beaver Street in York to host Men’s Night Out event Wednesday on Local retailers have something for everyone on your list
- FlipSide Blog | Meet the new FlipSide Entertainment Editor: Ashley May on Be fancy: The practical high-society look you need this holiday season
- Smart Magazine | Manners Matter: Gift giving and receiving etiquette on York County librarians name best books to give as gifts for the holidays
- Sakthi on How to find the perfect purse, handbag or tote
- April Trotter on Have an iPad? Download our free Cookie Cookbook
Tagsabby rhoad april trotter central market Christmas container garden chronicles contest cooking Courtney Cashour craft DIY exercise family fitness food food allergies food allergy green green living health heidi thomas holiday countdown holidays How I Pinch a Penny Jess Reed kids Leigh Zaleski Mindy Quesenberry Of Pots and Pens Pa. parenting Pennsylvania pinterest Rebecca LeFever recipe sarah chain Sarah Mock Smart Smart Health Challenge Smart magazine thanksgiving video York york city York County York PA
- Unconventional gift giving takes stress out of holidays
- Do you know an extraordinary woman in York County?
- Of Pots and Pens: Bourbon and maple syrup sweet potato casserole
- Mom adds superstitious feather to her cap after ER visit
- Managing expectations, stress and alcohol intake key to enjoying holiday festivities
Category Archives: Marcellus Shale
Yoko Ono, Sean Lennon and Artists Against Fracking sing, “Don’t Frack My Mother.”
Twenty-nine Vermont towns oppose using a pipeline to carry tar sands oil. How does this affect York County? Three words: Keystone XL pipeline.
Will the big names in “Promised Land” — Matt Damon and John Krasinski — prompt discussion about fracking and gas extraction?
Join community members and York College students for a showing of “Mad City Chickens” 7 p.m. Thursday. The documentary, from Tarazod Films, is a “sometimes serious, sometimes whimsical” look at people who keep chickens in their backyards. Not their country, … Continue reading
For a budget-conscious yet eager-to-learn person like myself, local colleges are just about the greatest places I’ve ever found. I wrote a few weeks ago about York College’s screening of “Out to Pasture: The Future of Farming,” which focused on … Continue reading
Gas Truth of Central PA, a network of grassroots citizens’ groups fighting to bring an end to unsafe drilling practices in Pennsylvania, will meet 7 p.m. Aug. 9 at Midtown Scholar Bookstore-Café, 1302 N. Third St., Harrisburg. For more info: … Continue reading
I will be the first to admit I don’t know much about the Marcellus Shale formation. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information, and I have trouble trusting either side to present facts fairly, especially given how heated … Continue reading
Oil and gas inspectors policing Marcellus Shale development in Pennsylvania will no longer be able to issue violations to the drilling companies they regulate without first getting the approval of top officials, according to a story today from ProPublica’s Abrahm … Continue reading
Many gas wells in Pennsylvania go unreported for months, despite a state law requiring natural gas drilling companies to submit well records no later than 30 days after drilling is completed, according to a report by the investigative project ProPublica. … Continue reading
Natural gas prices hit a record low for this year, and might stay lower as the year goes on because of the vast deposits of shale American drilling companies are tapping into, one analyst is saying. The shale he is … Continue reading