Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Connect with us
- dairy free diet on Branch out: Find the perfect tree for your outdoor space
- FlipSide Blog | Meet the new FlipSide Entertainment Editor: Ashley May on Be fancy: The practical high-society look you need this holiday season
- Smart Magazine | Manners Matter: Gift giving and receiving etiquette on York County librarians name best books to give as gifts for the holidays
- Sakthi on How to find the perfect purse, handbag or tote
- April Trotter on Have an iPad? Download our free Cookie Cookbook
Tagsabby rhoad april trotter central market Christmas container garden chronicles contest cooking Courtney Cashour craft DIY exercise family fitness food food allergies food allergy green green living health heidi thomas holiday countdown holidays How I Pinch a Penny Jess Reed kids Leigh Zaleski Mindy Quesenberry Of Pots and Pens Pa. parenting Pennsylvania pinterest Rebecca LeFever recipe sarah chain Sarah Mock Smart Smart Health Challenge Smart magazine thanksgiving video York york city York County York PA
- Managing expectations, stress and alcohol intake key to enjoying holiday festivities
- Be fancy: The practical high-society look you need this holiday season
- Manners Matter: Gift giving and receiving etiquette
- How to make a Christmas tree from old newspapers
- York County librarians name best books to give as gifts for the holidays
Category Archives: Organic
One of my first memories of “fresh” food was popping sweet peas like candy while hanging out with my grandparents in their garden. I couldn’t have been more than four or five years old, and the collecting baskets were as … Continue reading
Despite all my efforts to grow plants at the York Daily Record, I think my black thumb has prevailed again.
Last week and the week before were devoted to that sweetest of spring-peaking fruits, the strawberry. Rhubarb is a natural next step, right? Now listen. I love a good strawberry rhubarb pie as much as the next person, but that’s … Continue reading
I love “just because” presents. Some women get jewelry or flowers. I get a basket of couldn’t-be-more-fresh, sun-warm strawberries. Life is good.
Shrewsbury Township blogger and mother of three, Cara Achterberg, is beginning an online book club this month through her blog, Kid Friendly Organic Life.
One way to make your life and your garden environmentally friendly is to plant native species. York County residents are in luck, with at least two native plant sales popping up in the coming weeks.
Get ideas for Meatless Monday and learn about the trend of eating less meat for health and environmental reasons.
Pulling into the driveway the other night amidst sleet and freezing rain, I took notice of the empty terra cotta pots and front porch rail box that held last year’s herbs. It might still be cold, but it’s time to … Continue reading
Being a vegetarian is easy! Ideas for meat substitutes and veggie variety that even carnivores will like
This month, I will have been a vegetarian for nine years. On Easter Sunday nine years ago, some college friends and I collaborated on a meal of Cornish game hens, homemade mashed potatoes with turkey gravy, biscuits and a large … Continue reading
You can buy a gift for $10 or less for the animal-conscious person in your life.