- Cool off without all the sugar! @HanoverHospital shares lower-calorie drink recipes for summer parties http://t.co/B6tng5ZvM8 #nosweatyork 8 hours ago
- Registration for this year's annual summer reading club hosted by @YorkLibraries and @GOYork begins June 1 http://t.co/zG9HfkhZwB #ilyc 9 hours ago
- Don't have a big backyard? Learn to make the most of your tiniest green spaces http://t.co/lfQvCYBGKc @minigarden @BHG @gardenknowhow 10 hours ago
Connect with us
- Smart Magazine | Catch up with Smart this weekend on Celebrate Memorial Day in and around York County
- Johnny Lawrence on Comment with your favorite local summer activity to win York Revs tickets and a gift card to Brown’s Orchards
- mary younger on Comment with your favorite local summer activity to win York Revs tickets and a gift card to Brown’s Orchards
- Smart Magazine | Celebrate Memorial Day in and around York County on Green your Memorial Day weekend
- Buffy's World | Don’t miss: Amish and Mennonites to 150th Gettysburg app to free Revs tickets on Comment with your favorite local summer activity to win York Revs tickets and a gift card to Brown’s Orchards
Tags30 ways to enjoy winter april trotter central market Christmas container garden chronicles contest cooking Courtney Cashour craft DIY emileigh clare exercise family fitness food food allergies food allergy green green living health holiday countdown holidays Jess Reed kids Leigh Zaleski Mindy Quesenberry Of Pots and Pens Pa. parenting Pennsylvania Phases Fitness pinterest Rebecca LeFever recipe sarah chain Seasonal Recipe Contest Smart Smart Health Challenge Smart magazine thanksgiving video York york city York County York PA
Tag Archives: documentary
York College of Pennsylvania will screen the hunger documentary “A Place at the Table” at 6 p.m. May 8, 2013, in the Collegiate Performing Arts Center.
York College of Pennsylvania’s Sustainability and Environmental Studies minor will hold a screening of “Truck Farm,” a documentary in which New York resident Ian Cheney creates a garden in the back of his pickup truck, on Jan. 31, 2013.
“Hurricane on the Bayou” tells the story of New Orleans’ wetlands and how they were affected by Hurricane Katrina.
Spoutwood Farm will offer a sneak peek at the documentary film “A Fierce Green Fire: The Battle for a Living Planet” 7 p.m. July 25.
Last week, I joined about 100 York College students and York County residents for a showing of “Carbon Nation,” a documentary that claims solutions to climate change can also address other social, economic and national security issues. It started off … Continue reading
The “Carbon Nation” filmmakers don’t care if you believe that climate change is man-made. They don’t care if you believe in climate change at all. The film argues that regardless of where you stand on this issue, solutions to climate … Continue reading
Even if you’ve never heard the name Aldo Leopold, you’re likely familiar with his environmental teachings — they’re resurging with the “going green” movement. Leopold, a “conservationist, forester, philosopher, educator, writer and outdoor enthusiast,” according to the Aldo Leopold Foundation, … Continue reading
“Americans fear only one thing: Inconvenience.” And so begins “Fresh,” a food documentary shown last night at York College coordinated by the sustainability and environmental studies minor. The quote is from a farmer’s foreign friend, who had summarized our lifestyle … Continue reading
For a budget-conscious yet eager-to-learn person like myself, local colleges are just about the greatest places I’ve ever found. I wrote a few weeks ago about York College’s screening of “Out to Pasture: The Future of Farming,” which focused on … Continue reading