Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Connect with us
- Smart Magazine | Reciplease! A little chive-talk on It’s not too late to start your herb plants from seed indoors
- Smart Magazine | Green your Memorial Day weekend on Weed ’em and reap: Get the right tools for your garden
- Smart Magazine | Green your Memorial Day weekend on Five books to help with green living
- Smart Magazine | Green your Memorial Day weekend on Reciplease! Fiddleheads and the foraging post
- Victoria Slaugh on Comment with your favorite local summer activity to win York Revs tickets and a gift card to Brown’s Orchards
Tags30 ways to enjoy winter april trotter central market Christmas container garden chronicles contest cooking Courtney Cashour craft DIY emileigh clare exercise family fitness food food allergies food allergy green green living health holiday countdown holidays Jess Reed kids Leigh Zaleski Mindy Quesenberry Of Pots and Pens Pa. parenting Pennsylvania Phases Fitness pinterest Rebecca LeFever recipe sarah chain Seasonal Recipe Contest Smart Smart Health Challenge Smart magazine thanksgiving video York york city York County York PA
Tag Archives: reading
“Fifty Shades of Grey” by E.L. James made the American Library Association’s list of most challenged books for 2012, but Dav Pilkey’s “Captain Underpants” took the No. 1 spot.
Southwest Airlines pilot and Manchester Twp. author Ricardo Aguilar wrote a children’s book, “So You Want to Be A Pilot!”, in 2012.
York author Michael Simpson released an interactive children’s book, “B Dogg Goes to School,” which helps children with decision-making and consequences.
Fees to browse in a brick-and-mortar bookstore are one way to fight back against “showrooming,” consumers’ practice of browsing in person and then purchasing items at a discount online.
York County Libraries and the York County Literacy Council have partnered for York Reads!, an initiative to promote literacy in York County.
Homeschooling mom Joan Concilio Otto shares her daughter’s Buck-A-Book Week fundraising success and some ideas for local trips, including the Wolf Sanctuary of PA and Wilbur Chocolate Co. in Lititz.
York County bookstore owners, readers and York Daily Record/Sunday News staff pick their favorite reads for 2012.
12-year-old unschooler Sarah Otto wants to hear your simile suggestions. She’s as excited as a kid at Christmastime for them!
YDR online editor and homeschooling mom Joan Concilio Otto shares a look at what her family members, including 12-year-old Sarah, are reading and learning about.