Put soda back in schools

X00122_7.jpg
By Nathan Aaron Wingert
This past week, the major soda distributors have decided to drop non-diet soda sales to schools across the country. My reaction: How dare they? How dare they limit my right to drink what soda I want!
I understand that obesity is the biggest concern in the United States because I wrote an article for my high school newspaper about obesity, using JFK’s inaugural address as a parody. If you’re fat, you need to take responsibility for your actions. Exercise – and eat right. This is a perfect example of the 10 percent of the obese people ruining the right to drink whatever soda for 90 percent of the population.

We know that history repeats itself. America tried to appease Hitler during World War II, and look what happened. Total chaos. Now we’re once again appeasing the obese people, at the expense of the rest of the world. It’ll get to the point where the government will force us to buy only organic, healthy food in order to rid the world of obese people.
This is utter rubbish. You should be allowed to buy, eat and drink what you want. You have to be responsible for you’re actions, however.

Nathan Wingert is a student at Central York High School and a member of the Teen Takeover staff.

About Scott Fisher

I'm opinion page editor and blogging coordinator for the York Daily Record/Sunday News and Yorkblog.com. Phone: 717-771-2049. Email: sfisher@ydr.com. Twitter: YDReditpage.
This entry was posted in Rants. Bookmark the permalink.