School Rules

Right now I am sitting in “academic prep.” It’s just one of the latest and greatest ideas from the Central York High School administration. Every year we get more rules, and quite frankly, I am tired of it. Academic prep is the new version of study hall…but we must stay in the class we are in for that day. So if I have nothing to do in this class (which I do not, hence why I am writing this) I can’t go to another class that I actually have work for. If I don’t have anything to work on it becomes an “SSR” period. Third grade, please?
Along with academic prep, sophomores can now drive to school.

WHAT?
Why?
I like my car in one piece.
On a more trivial note, we aren’t allowed to wear ripped jeans. Not that this will affect me, but I’m sure many kids will be in for some serious jean shopping. To take that one step further, I have a friend who goes to Susquenita in Perry County, and they aren’t allowed to wear flip flops. I would die.
I’m not so sure what the motivation behind all these rules are, but they sure aren’t doing anyone a favor.

This entry was posted in Rants. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to School Rules

1. Brittany says:

I for you am dissapointed in you Dylan Shiffer. Academic Prep is to be used for SCHOLASTIC work and then SSR. At no time were we told we could post on the Teen Takeover blog. This is abusing this quality academic time. How dare you abuse this time, don’t you know it is for your academic success?!?!
    Some rule enforcement might be in order.

2. Lily says:

Do I detect sarcasm, Brittany?
    Dylan…am I getting better at that? Haha.
    Well, I’d understand SSR (?) more if I went to this great Central school you keep alluding to. I hate those random rules they enforce. They meaning the man, I suppose.

3. Lily says:

Oh, by the way, I love that hidden double meaning in your post’s title.

4. Brittany says:

haha yes sarcasm very much. Most people at Central are not too fond of the new rules…at all.

5. Abby says:

Rules. They’re universal. And each time I hear them, they get worse and worse. Can someone please explain to me why a 1-inch hole in the knee of your jeans is really that terrible? We’ve all seen knees. Crack down on the girls who leave nothing to the imagination with their bare-midriffs. Focus on the kids who smoke in the bathrooms. Do something about the harassment that goes on everyday.
    This isn’t really against any administration, but I’d really like to know their reasoning behind some of the rules. I agree with you Dylan. And remember, SSR rocked in 3rd grade. =)

6. Maria says:

Do something about the harassment that goes on everyday.
    agreed.

7. Kristen says:

Thank you, Dylan. This made my day. :)