Actions do speak louder than words

“I have engaged not just in talk, but in action.”

“I have provided health care to people who didn’t have it, reformed taxes for people who needed it, made sure we created transparency in our government so we knew where the money’s going…”
That’s simply into response to all of those who say Senator Obama doesn’t have any accomplishments. And it’s pretty clear who has more support at tonight’s Texas debates…

This entry was posted in Election 2008. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Actions do speak louder than words

1. Dylan says:

I have engaged not just in talk, but in action.”
    Say what? That IS talk.
    Reinforces super-liberal “record.”

2. Shantia says:

In a way he does have accomplishments.
    Clinton probably will win because of the high hispanic population.
    Have you even seen all of the primary speeches??

3. Dylan says:

I don’t think Clinton will win, especially not if she keeps trying to make him look bad. That’s the best thing that could happen to him.

4. Abby says:

“I don’t think Clinton will win…”
    Points for Dylan. Finally.=) haha

5. Jake says:

What accomplishments are those? He hasn’t even served a full term in the senate. I read an Obama flyer that made it sound as if Obama is leading the Democratic Party in the senate, when he is actually simply supporting those bills he agrees with. If anyone has the LEAST influence in the senate (the election aside), it’s Obama. Obama has done none of the things he attributed to himself in that speech – he simply went along with the crowd of liberal senators (who just so happen to be far more experienced than he is).
    As for my last comment being “cute”, Abby, Obama is popular for two reasons: he is riding anti-Bush sentiment, and he has made himself an extremely effective public image. Obama has become the candidate for change, yet he doesn’t have to specify what that change is because many people don’t feel the need to KNOW what the change is. Most Americans just go off of what they feel sounds nice – like universal health care – without considering the consequences of such policies. Americans don’t like how Bush’s presidency has turned out, so when a candidate who can easily be abstracted into a youthful ideal comes along, he’s the one most Americans will support – not for his ideas, but for his image. When Obama talks about a politics of hope, he feeds off that image in order to become even more idolized to the American public. That’s a very nasty, manipulative campaign strategy – using a nation’s hope for a better future to forward his own political interests. But what do you expect? It’s politics. If Obama really has what it takes to be President, he has to know this strategy – and be using it. And if he doesn’t, his campaign managers do. This strategy works because Americans don’t know enough to challenge it – they just follow those warm and fuzzy feelings Obama induces in them.
    And if Obama were to become President, his administration would be completely liberal (because that’s what he is – read his book and you’ll see what his “compromises” actually are). And there’s the potential that he would mostly just follow what his cabinet tells him and not have any original ideas.
    That’s what I think of Obama. I don’t know about you, but I prefer a President, not a figurehead.

6. Kathy says:

Hey, was my comment deleted? Are you guys that sensitive? Is this an elite blog or just very selective? Must have forgotten to pay my dues!