No we can’t!

Barack Obama won! Dip ee doo dah. Even though, McCain supporters like myself aren’t that happy. The reason being, we are worried about our countries saftey. I don’t think that it will be long before America will challange Obama.
PS.
If any of you know it his middle name is Hussien!
I mean come on!

This entry was posted in Election 2008. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to No we can’t!

1. Dylan says:

It’s ok for you to not like Barack Obama’s policies. I don’t. However, bringing up the fact that his middle name is Hussein has NO merit and simply makes your argument weaker.

2. Alex P says:

And McCain’s is Sidney…I fail to see the correlation between a man’s middle name and his ability to lead a nation?

3. Amanda says:

Yeah, and Hussien actually means something really good (but i forget what lol). I voted for McCain myself though yesterday. We will just have to see what happens.

4. anonymous says:

GASP! I do believe that you’re the first person to have ever noticed that before. He must be a secret Muslim terrorist who wants to kill everyone in America…quick, Bob, get the children in the minivan! Run for your lives!
    Seriously?? I fear for our country when people don’t take the time to learn about a candidate and toss them out as unsafe because they have a funny name.

5. Corinne says:

I will actually have to agree with Dylan on this one. I like Obama but pointing out a middle name has no affect in making a case.

6. anonymous says:

You’re kidding me, right? Let’s bring out the old middle name trick…
    Incorrect grammar and spelling doesn’t help anyone take you seriously either, for the record.

7. anonymous says:

My father used to have a comment that applies to you, Melanie: “Empty barrels make the most noise.”

8. Tom says:

Hussein is generally translated as “good, small, handsome one” or words to that effect. As many others have pointed out, President-Elect Obama’s middle name is IRRELEVANT. My middle name is Harvey; that doesn’t mean that I’m an imaginary rabbit. I have to wonder at the premise of you argument. Does Obama’s name somehow make him “weak” on the foreign policy front?

9. Anonymous says:

der der der

10. Anonymous says:

My middle name is Wyatt, I’m no gunslinging cowboy. Again, der der der.

11. Ann says:

I’m surprised this blog entry was printed in the newspaper. It reminds me of hateful emails that were forwarded throughout the internet, rather than a thoughtful opinion. You seem to be suggesting President-Elect Obama is a Muslim. He’s not. He’s a Christian. But what would be the problem if he were a Muslim? You seem to be implying that all Muslims are terrorists. Would you please watch General Colin Powell share a story about this at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88TFjriMJds from 4:28 – 6:17 and write your thoughts?

12. Jonathan says:

Post-election Hiaku Response:
    Melanie Boo Hoo
    Miss Sore Loser U S A
    Bigots going down!
    Gotta love it,
    Jonathan

13. Jonathan says:

Melanie Boo Hoo
    Miss Sore Loser U S A
    Bigots going down!
    Jonathan

14. Dylan says:

Never thought I’d say it, but props to you Jonathan. I just wish Obama supports would be as gracious as their Pres-Elect.

15. Jonathan says:

Dylan is right. My post was ungracious.
    Melanie, please accept my apology.
    Sincerely, Jonathan

16. anonymous says:

Ann – This was not posted in the newspaper. Teen Takeover staff are allowed to write whatever they please on the blog.
    There is absolutely no way the YDR staff that heads Teen Takeover would ever let a thing like this be printed.

17. anonymous says:

Actually, it was. Every now and then TT puts a blog posting in the paper in their Blog section, and this was just featured.
    I personally think this represents the TT staff pretty poorly, but I guess the editors want more people to visit the site. It certainly worked.

18. anonymous says:

Are you serious???
    Wow.
    That pisses me off.

19. Anonymous says:

Wow, you are ridiculous, Obama, at least, isnt a bag of dust.

20. Olivia says:

Ok- I’m a former member of the Teen Takeover staff and I didn’t think that blind hatred and bigotry were assets they looked for when choosing a staff member.
    Hussein? You’re seriously making that comparison?
    At least have some validity in your arguments against him instead of leaning on racism.

21. a VERY VERY IMPORTANT MAN says:

oh man socialism marxism barack HUSSEIN obama (more like OSAMA AM I RITE LOL) the world is going to explode oh man oh man oh man my argument has weight in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. anonymous says:

^ You made my day.

23. Jen says:

Melanie, would you please, please talk to your English teachers and tell them that you need a refresher course in grammar and spelling? It’s extremely frustrating to read your posts. I would love to see the paper that you wrote to get on the YDR teen staff. Did you have someone edit it? I am unimpressed with your posts and your writings. However, the grammar/spelling mess seems to be rampant on this particular blog.
    As for your post regarding Obama’s middle name, it would be better if you had a disagreement with his ideology and could back up your argument with concrete evidence than to question whether or not his middle name means anything.