Just too long? Or just too illegal?

Unfortunately, because I attend a private school my bus ride is more than an hour long. Yes, you read that correctly, more than an hour. My question to the public is, is it actually legal? I feel as if it should exceed a certain limit of time on a school bus because it is a grueling long ride. Not to mention, I have more than three hours of homework every night and would greatly appreciate my hour-and-a-half back.

This entry was posted in Rants. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Just too long? Or just too illegal?

1. Jake says:

It’s a private school; as long as you’re paying for it, it’s legal. The public has no right to say where a private school should be situated. It is your choice (or your parents’ choice for you) to attend this private school, so if you don’t like the bus ride, move somewhere closer to the school.
    I find it incredibly disturbing that young people think that the government has the right – or the responsibility – to butt into every facet of our lives. If more and more young people continue to think that, they will give the government more and more power – until we are no longer a free country.

2. Jake says:

Also, if you’re planning on going to college, expect 5 hours of homework every night, and 20 hours of homework over the weekend.

3. Maria says:

You’re lucky to go to a good private school – there are a lot of children who would give up a lot of things to be in your position; you’re lucky and don’t ever forget that.

4. Melanie says:

I am very fortunate that my parents decided to send me to private school. I don’t think the government should say anything about it (per say) but I just think it is unfair for my district to cram 40 some kids into one bus route when we could get another bus. Unfortunately the public school refuses to pay for it because they need stuff for their sports. I can understand that all schools have needs, but our school is in a big need. We have NO air conditioning in the summer months, our water fountains are as old as the school, and we can barely afford our homecoming dance. My point was, I just feel like the public school is being greedy in this case when they get tax money and we do not. They are far more able to pay for an extra bus than we ever could.

5. Anonymous says:

Your school doesn’t get the public school’s tax money because it is not the public school. If you want benefits like air conditioning, short bus rides, homecomings, or anything else, attend public school.

6. Anonymous says:

7. Becca says:

I’m not going to get into this, just because I may be forced to actually side with Jake on something and that may bring reality crashing down about our ears. I just think you need to know: it takes an hour or so for comments to post. Unless it tells you there was an error, it will be there if you are patient. And now I shall quietly sneak out the back.

8. Sue24Robles says:

According to my analysis, billions of persons on our planet get the mortgage loans from various banks. Hence, there’s a good chance to find a collateral loan in all countries.