There are so many ways to put out your thoughts, pictures, and more: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc. None of these claim to be personal diaries, but many are treated as such. I have a few suggestions or rather observations of what I have noticed in the world wide web of social media.
1. If water cannot be seen in the background (beach, pool, sand, etc.), then it is not necessary to take a swimsuit picture, especially if you are taking it of yourself. In all honesty swimwear is just underwear…for the water. And we don’t take pictures in our underwear, do we?
2. Chances are when you post a vague status about a particular person, everyone knows exactly who you are talking about. Just because you don’t mention the name doesn’t make it okay.
3. Personally, I find it funny when certain people constantly post “like my status for…”. Even if you are bored, is that really how you want to spend your free time?
4. Posting other people’s business is never cool. Putting other people on blast just to get attention sends out a message that you cannot be trusted.
5. Only post things that you wouldn’t mind the whole world knowing. After all, it is the world wide web.
6. Everyone is so concerned with their number of friends and followers, but honestly, do you want anybody knowing all about you.
7. Don’t hesitate to unfollow/unfriend people. Why be annoyed every time you get on?
Okay, I think I am done with this little…well, long rant. Remember, think before you post!