We’ve all been there. We’re sitting in our house, doing our homework, when an amazing song comes on. We feel that urge to throw our pencil down, get up, and rock out. But, something stops us because we’re either too self-conscious, too lazy, or just can’t dance. It’s time to stop the excuses, because the truth is, most of us want to just let go and dance our hearts out. If you still need some convincing, below are five reasons that’ll get you up and out of your seat.
1. Dancing burns calories. Whoever said exercise can’t be fun? All that moving and grooving is actually good for you!
2. Life is too short to worry about what other people think about you. In ten years, it’s not going to matter what others think, but what you did. So, dance, and be glad you didn’t let a single opportunity pass you by.
3. Dancing rids yourself of stress. During those all night cram sessions, take a break and let loose. When the song is over, your mind will be refreshed, and ready to be packed with information again.
4. It’s fun. Dancing is the weirdest, craziest, and yet, most exhilarating thing ever! Who cares if you don’t have the moves like Jagger. If there’s a smile on your face, you’re doing it right.
5. What’s your reason not to? Forget about the worries, and anxieties, that fill your head. If you can’t dance, who cares! If you’re self-conscious, take it as your first step in learning to be proud of who you are. If you’re too lazy, find it as a motivation to be more active. Anyone can dance, so why not go for it!