Perhaps the biggest game of the week is one that should have taken place last week: William Penn at South Western on Wednesday for a game that was postponded from Friday. In case you’re wondering, the NewsVroom will still be there.
Monday, Jan. 28
• Girls’ hoops: Bermudian Springs at Biglerville, 7:30 p.m. — A rivalry game with e Eagles’ Shannon Kuhn and Canners’ Olivia Moore the likely players to watch.
Tuesday, Jan. 29
• Boys’ hoops: Eastern York at Susquehannock, 7:30 p.m. – It’s safe to expect Bermudian Springs coach Tom Flaherty and some of his Eagles in attendance for this one. With three league games left, the visiting Golden Knights are tied at 9-2 with Bermudian, while the Warriors are a game back.
• Girls’ hoops: Dallastown at West York, 7:30 p.m. – Like last time, the Bulldogs will have to go without Sarah Shearer, whose season ended with a ruptured ACL. However, West York will be at home for this one and gained some momentum with its win against Delone Catholic at the Red Lion Showcase on Saturday. The winner takes over first place in Division I.
• Wrestling: District team tournament — Action begins at Spring Grove, and the host Rockets will take on Northern York.
Wednesday, Jan. 30
• Boys’ hoops: William Penn at South Western, 7:30 p.m. — Postponed from last Friday, the Bearcats can clinch the YAIAA Division I title with a win — if it didn’t happen Tuesday with a Bearcats win and South Western loss to Central. Adding to this game is the possibility of Tavon Parker going for 1,000 career points. Parker entered this week 43 points shy of the milestone.
• Girls’ hoops: Susquehannock at Bermudian Springs, 7:30 p.m. – A cross-over game that could serve as a good one for both teams.
• Wrestling: District team tournament — Could we see a Bermudian Springs-Biglerville rematch in Class AA? Action is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. at Biglerville.
Thursday, Jan. 31
• Boys’ hoops: York Suburban at Bermudian Springs, 7:30 p.m. — Another matchup sure to have considerably Division III implications.
• Wrestling: District team tournament — The Class AAA semifinals will be held at a to-be-announced location.
Friday, Feb. 1
• Boys’ hoops: Eastern York at York Suburban, 7:30 p.m. — Last time, they went to overtime in Wrightsville, and it was Suburban that came out on top.
• Girls’ hoops: Hanover at Delone Catholic, 7:30 p.m. — This matchup will only get better as freshman Soukaina Tracy continues her advancement, but it should be interesting to see how she fares on the road — albeit a short journey — to Delone.
Saturday, Feb. 2
• Boys’ hoops: Northeastern at Susquehannock, 2:30 p.m. — If you can get to Glen Rock on this afternoon, the matchup will be well worth it. The Warriors have played well all season long, and this game could provide a good late-season measuring stick for both teams.
• Girls’ hoops: Eastern York at Lancaster Catholic, 7:30 p.m. — The Golden Knights have played better as the season goes on and get a Lancaster Catholic team that was 18-0 as of the weekend.
• Wrestling: District team tournament — The finals will be held at a place and time to be announced.