Give us your take on these teams in the comments section below. Next up is girls’ soccer. Two new teams break into the top five since our forecast in August. Check out who they are:
1. Dover (Preseason rank: 1; 8-0, 6-0 Division II) — The Eagles have almost been machine-like as of late with their victories. Their 6-0 win against Northeastern, which entered the match 6-0, was Dover’s fourth straight shutout.
2. Dallastown (PR: 2; 6-2, 4-0 D-I) — Morgan Mickley’s first season as Wildcats head coach is off to a rousing success so far. The Wildcats have yet to be tamed in Division I play.
3. Central York (PR: NR; 6-1, 4-1 D-I) — Katie Hackos has been a scoring machine for the Panthers, who are stronger with Kelly Williamson back after a year of field hockey.
4. York Catholic (PR: NR; 5-2, 5-0 D-III) — The Irish looked to build off their district run from a year ago. So far they have done just that.
5. Fairfield (PR: 3; 4-2, 4-1 D-III) — Despite the Green Knights’ loss to York Catholic the first time around, they still have Lexy Junker and enough firepower for a second-half push.
Dropped: Susquehannock (PR: 4; 1-6-1, 1-3-1 D-II); South Western (PR: 5; 3-4, 2-2 D-I)