About this blogOne of America's most revered poets, Adrienne Rich, said, "The moment of change is the only poem." Because the world is always changing, poetry is everywhere, and everything can be versified.
Here, I'll discuss and review contemporary books of poetry, with a focus on regional writers, publications, and organizations. I'll promote area writers by offering prompts and contests, because I want to foster a spirit of community centered around poets and readers of poetry. This is a place to demystify the art of poetry, to appreciate its economy of language, its precision of image and sound.
Please share suggestions for blog content by emailing me at email@example.com. I'd love to hear from you! Let's versify PA and support those who are doing the same.
- If I knew then what I know now: #Advice for #poets new to the #submissions game http://t.co/6RmGuD1JTv via @ydrcom #poetry 4 hours ago
- #YorkPA, enter the May Poem of the Month contest http://t.co/9v7WUlc0VN via @ydrcom #poetry #contest #IloveYorkcity 1 day ago
- "I believe in the talent that exists locally." -@poetrywarrio on PoemSugar press http://t.co/wEYKeLKxPV via @ydrcom #poetry #IloveYorkcity 2 days ago
- Catch up on Culture & Main! episode 14 http://t.co/f1C7BmLCET via @ydrcom @cultureandmain @poetrywarrior #YorkPA #IloveYorkcity #arts 2 days ago
- Larry B. Tibbs on May Poem of the Month contest
- Jess Waller on May Poem of the Month contest
- Sarah Trimmer on May Poem of the Month contest
- Richard Thomas on May Poem of the Month contest
- Buffy's World | Don’t miss: From interview with author Jim McClure to memories of Delco Plaza to chance to win free groceries on May Poem of the Month contest
TagsAdam Robinson Adrienne Rich Alyse Bensel ArtOfficial Mics Carla Christopher Carol Clark Williams chapbook Crystal Charisse culture and main DogStar Books formal poetry found poetry Found Poetry Review Iya Isoke JAWSTRUCK! Melissa Carl meter metrical poetry Midtown Scholar Bookstore Missi McLaren NaPoMo NaPoWriMo National Poetry Month National Poetry Month 2013 NewPages performance poetry Poem A Day Challenge Poet Laureate poetry Poetry at the Parliament poetry events poetry reading Poetry Spoken Here rhyme rhyming poetry Rich Hemmings submissions teens Teen Takeover Teen Takeover blog tribute poem white rose community television workshop Writer's Digest YorkArts
Tag Archives: Teen Takeover blog
It should be immediately noted that I am a huge fan of the sonnet. Big-time. Traditional or experimental, I have nothing but love for the form that my favorite poet and former teacher Molly Peacock says has “a primitive appeal … Continue reading
Second consecutive day of teen poetry! Today, YDR’s Teen Takeover blog features a poem by Spring Grove Area High School student Bria Topper called “Succumb to the wind.” Check it out! My favorite part of this poem?
This YDR blog is giving that YDR blog a high-five this rainy Monday morning. Kudos to Madeleine Nesbitt for blogging a poem called “A Torrent” on this teen-produced blog for young people in York and Adams counties. My favorite part … Continue reading