About this blogOne of America's most revered poets, Adrienne Rich, said, "The moment of change is the only poem." Because the world is always changing, poetry is everywhere, and everything can be versified.
Here, I'll discuss and review contemporary books of poetry, with a focus on regional writers, publications, and organizations. I'll promote area writers by offering prompts and contests, because I want to foster a spirit of community centered around poets and readers of poetry. This is a place to demystify the art of poetry, to appreciate its economy of language, its precision of image and sound.
Please share suggestions for blog content by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to hear from you! Let's versify PA and support those who are doing the same.
- #YorkPA, only 1 week left to submit your persona #poem for the May Poem of the Month #contest! http://t.co/9v7WUlc0VN via @ydrcom 14 hours ago
- Culture and Main, episode 15 http://t.co/ZRVQJhRKtY via @ydrcom @cultureandmain @poetrywarrior #poetry #arts #YorkPA #IloveYorkcity 1 day ago
- #Poets, don't click send on that #submission until you read these #tips! http://t.co/6RmGuD1JTv via @ydrcom 1 day ago
- If I knew then what I know now: #Advice for #poets new to the #submissions game http://t.co/6RmGuD1JTv via @ydrcom #poetry 2 days ago
- Larry B. Tibbs on May Poem of the Month contest
- Jess Waller on May Poem of the Month contest
- Sarah Trimmer on May Poem of the Month contest
- Richard Thomas on May Poem of the Month contest
- Buffy's World | Don’t miss: From interview with author Jim McClure to memories of Delco Plaza to chance to win free groceries on May Poem of the Month contest
TagsAdam Robinson Adrienne Rich Alyse Bensel Carla Christopher Carol Clark Williams chapbook Crystal Charisse Culture & Main culture and main DogStar Books formal poetry found poetry Found Poetry Review Iya Isoke JAWSTRUCK! Melissa Carl meter metrical poetry Midtown Scholar Bookstore Missi McLaren NaPoMo NaPoWriMo National Poetry Month National Poetry Month 2013 NewPages performance poetry Poem A Day Challenge Poet Laureate poetry Poetry at the Parliament poetry events poetry reading Poetry Spoken Here rhyme rhyming poetry Rich Hemmings submissions teens Teen Takeover Teen Takeover blog tribute poem white rose community television workshop Writer's Digest YorkArts
Tag Archives: University of Baltimore
I’ve only been to one, but I can definitely say: an Adam Robinson reading is not a typical reading. The audience is alert, I promise you, because Robinson has mastered the deliberate pause (even if he announces he’s going … Continue reading →