York Mayor Kim Bracey has declared a snow emergency effective at 5 p.m. today.
Starting at that time, vehicles can park in the King Street and Philadelphia Street garages for free.
Snow emergency parking is not permitted at the Market Street garage, which is under construction.
Residents who live along the snow emergency routes must move their cars or they will be towed, at a cost of $140.
Snow emergency routes in the city are:
- Market Street, city limit to city limit
- Philadelphia Street, city limit to Carlisle Avenue
- Queen Street, city limit to Arch Street
- George Street, city limit to city limit
- Princess Street, city limit to city limit
- Duke Street, Jackson Street to North Street
- W. King Street from South Beaver Street to South George Street
- Beaver Street from North Street to West College Avenue
Free parking will also be available during the snow emergency at the following parking lots:
Lot no. 2 – 300 block of W. King Street
Lot no. 3 – 150 S. Duke St.
Lot no. 3A – Newton & Howard
Lot no. 7 – 600 block of West Mason Ave.
Lot no. 9 – Park Lane Plaza, South Beaver and West Princess; use the Beaver Street Entrance
Lot no. 11 – Duke and Princess streets
Lot no. 12 – 700 block of East Mason Avenue
Lot no. 14 – Penn and St. Paul streets
Lot no. 17 – 200 block of W. Market St. rear (Mason Ave.)
Allen Park parking lot
For additional information please contact the Snow Emergency Hotline at 849-2228.