Each cup is $5 and can be purchased at any of the participating businesses. The perks range from discounts on meals to free fill-ups of sodas.
This year marks the 63rd annual parade, which starts at 2 p.m. Oct. 28.
Six years ago, the city of York decided it could no longer afford to run the annual Halloween parade, and the York YWCA stepped in. Recently, though, the YWCA decided it, too, could no longer afford to run the annual York tradition, and announced this year will be the final year it sponsors the parade.
The group’s board of directors cited declining support from local sponsors as part of the reason to vote against running the parade next year.
But at least six local businesses are stepping up to help this year and are offering discounts and other perks as a fundraiser for the parade.
Use your cup at these locations for the following perks:
- Bair’s Fried Chicken — double punch on your Bair’s loyalty card with qualifying purchase and your cup
- Holy Hound Taproom — free soda and refills in your cup
- J.R.’s Fresh Cut French Fries at Central Market — 10 percent off all Combo Meals with your cup
- Liquid Hero — $1 off beer in your cup
- OffCenter Grill at the Yorktowne Hotel — free non-alcoholic drink in your cup (one per visit) and 50 percent off bar food with your cup
- White Rose Bar & Grill — $4 Orange Crush mixed drinks and $2 domestic drafts in your cup
More Halloween parade resources and news:
63rd Annual York Halloween Parade & Pumpkin Fun Run page on YWCA York’s website.
“York’s 2012 Halloween parade to have a healthy theme” YDR, 9/29/2012
“Our take: Who will save the parade this time?” YDR editorial, 9/13/2012