Reader queries and comments about York Safe & Lock strongboxes continue to hit this blog.
Please comment below if you can answer this question: …
I have an old York Safe and Lock Co. safe, quite similar to the one that was restored for York County, and am looking for technical information on how to get access to the lock and lubricate the combination tumblers as mine tend to lock up at times. Can you help?
Selected York Safe & Lock links:
– New Freedom station houses alien safe
– York Safe & Lock worker recalls chat with Hedy Lamarr
– Hedy Lamarr’s visit to York long remembered
– From Bofors to Bikes, Harley plant top hog
– Forry Laucks, Lauxmont sparked debates
– York-made safes spotted in post-war Tokyo
– York Safe restoration ‘once in a lifetime’ project.
– York Safe faltered after owner’s death.
All York Safe & Lock posts from the start.
(For multiple posts on York County’s industrial prowess, see this blog’s Made in York category.)