If you can’t disagree about history, what good is it?
Seriously, York countians love their history, and they often have their story and they stick to it.
So, here are a few controversies. See where you fall.
- York: ‘The first capital of the United States?’
- Pro/Con: Should York’s leaders have surrendered to the rebels?
- Did York’s Thanksgiving proclamation indeed create America’s first Thanksgiving?
- Can York’s longtime claim as ‘Detroit of the East’ be proven?
- In search of proof that York Fair is nation’s oldest
- Why would Yorkers applaud a rebel who invade their county?
- Is York County’s Lauxmont pronounced Loucks-mont or Low-mont? (This is a fun one, although not easily resolved.)
- York should have lost rebel Gen. John B. Gordon and his ‘Last Days of Confederacy’ talk